26

(A/N: I know you you all have been waiting for his pov so here it is!)

Today is the day.

She is finally coming back.

These last few days have been a crazy rollercoaster of emotions. I just started to grasp onto the idea of the feeling I was starting to build.

The night of my last conversation with her, Layah came over to the palace to tear me a new one about my stupidity.

---

I was sitting on the couch as I stared blankly ahead. Though it looked like I was thinking of nothing, my mind had a million thoughts gathered inside.

I felt a slap to my head which snapped me out of my daze. I looked back ready to glare at the person when Layah's loud yelling interjected.

"Ты абсолютный идиот. Как ты мог отпустить единственное, что сохранило тебе рассудок? КАК. Я собирался позволить Алек показать тебе, как сильно ты заблуждаешься, но Алек просто спрячет тебя подальше.

Она любила тебя, и это то, что ты делаешь. В данный момент, почему бы не подставить себя и корону под удар. Как ты собираешься предстать перед Советом? Они не думают, что ты достаточно устойчив, чтобы править без квина. Я никогда в жизни не видел человека, который бы так стремился разрушить собственную жизнь, как ты-" Her long rant in our native language was cut of by my silence.

(You absolute idiot. How could you let go of the only thing keeping you sane huh. HOW. I was going to let Alek show you how much you messed up but Alek is just going to hide you away.

She loved you and that's what you do. At this point why not set yourself and the crown up for failure. How are you going to face the council? They don't think you are stable enough to rule without a queen. I have never in my life seen someone so eager to destroy their own life than you-)

"Что вы молчите, у вас нет угрызений совести?" She scoffed out after a while of waiting for a reply

(What are you not going to say anything, do you have no remorse?)

"У меня есть remorse!" I snapped at her.

(I do have remorse!)

"Думаете, я хотел видеть, как она плачет прямо у меня на глазах? У меня не было выбора с точки зрения бизнеса. Это было только до тех пор, пока мы не заключили сделку, но все равно все кончено. Я уже разорвал все связи. Скорее всего, если мы не найдем решения, начнется война." I explained in detail and she calmed down hearing my reply.