17

The memories of last night were faint

As I applied my makeup in front of the mirror I was trying my best to think back as to what really happened. I thought I felt someone's presence in the middle of the night but shook my head at those thoughts.

It can't be that.

I was completely out of trance even as I finished my makeup and put all the stuff away. The sound of a knock on my door snapped me out of my daze.

"Come in." I called out.

"Good Morning Your majesty" A maid walked in with a plate of food.

"Good Morning" I replied while focusing back at my side table.

"His majesty requested that you eat breakfast here as there will be no one at the breakfast table this morning. He passes on his sincerest apologies" The maid explains.

I frown for a minute but nod at her with a smile.

"That's quite alright. Please place the platter down" I said and she nodded doing what I said before curtsying and walking out.

I Looked down at the platter and saw a full breakfast tray with scrambled eggs, toast, waffles and some fruit in a different bowl. To the side was my usual iced coffee. I stared in absolute horror.

There was no way I could finish this much food.

I looked up only to realize the maid was gone and my chamber was closed. I brought the plate to my desk and placed it on as I slowly ate the waffles.

Once I finished the three of the five waffles that were there, I took off the fruit bowl and iced coffee from the platter and pushed it aside.

I took a couple bites of the fruit and then pushed it aside as well. Once I was done, I stood up and took the platter back to the kitchen on our floor. When I walked in, the woman that gave me the platter immediately came up towards me.

"Are you done with this your majesty?"She asked.

"Yes I am done for now. Don't worry, I will finish it for lunch" I replied and she nodded at her, taking the platter from my hand.

"As you wish! It will be nice and warm for you at lunch" She said and I nodded my head giving her a smile before I headed back towards my chamber.

When I entered I immediately headed back towards the table I was eating at and took bigger sips of my ice coffee. When I was about half way done, I Left the table and quickly dressed in a formal attire that was brought from Alexander.

I quickly fixed my hair before picking up my glass and walking out the chamber. I looked down at the watch only to see it was just after nine o clock.

I headed towards the meeting room where Aleksei was most likely to be and knocked on the door. After three more knocks and no reply, I opened the meeting room door and saw that the room was empty.