16

I place the mumbling girl in my hands on the bed

I place the mumbling girl in my hands on the bed. All the way she had been saying some incoherent things under her breath before falling asleep for a minute and doing it again.

As I put the covers over her, I saw that she kept turning around reaching for something. I walked away and picked up one of the sofa pillows and brought it to her. Once I placed it in her arms she immediately calmed down and held onto it as her body relaxed.

I waited for a minute sitting down before I heard her heavy breathing. Once I confirmed that she was in deep sleep, I stood up and calmly walked outside her chamber. I closed the door behind me with the intention of heading to my office.

Just as I was doing so, I got a loud notification on my phone. I took my phone out of my pocket to check and see only to see the time first.

"It's midnight" I muttered to myself while continuing to walk.

I looked at the notification and my eyes immediately darkened. I placed my phone back in my pocket angrily and walked towards my office. Once I reached, I shut the door and locked it.

There was a gym right under my office and I could hear the loud crashing noises and hits that were being made.

Collapsing on my chair, I ignored it and just looked at my paperwork as I scrolled through the files. There was a new legislation that wanted to get approved from the council so I busied myself with it as to not remember anything else.

With that goal in mind, I was pulled into a work mindset.

---

1:12 am

I glanced at the big clock that was ticking down in seconds. I really didn't know what I was doing besides waiting for the next minute to go by.

The loud noises in the gym were replaced with cries and sobs. I couldn't do anything. If I go down I know well enough that I will be met with a bunch of blood.

As my fists clenched hard I shifted my attention to the papers on the desk. I unclench my fists and throw them inside a folder before placing it to the side.

I had so many build up emotions on me, I knew if I stayed in this office any longer I would lose it. I stood up from the chair and left my office. I headed down the stairs and towards the main floor before exiting the palace through its back door.

Grabbing a pair of keys, I hopped into my car and drove off.

---

It only took ten minutes before I arrived at the cemetery. The private cemetery was created and continued by my great grandfather.

Once I parked the car, I stayed inside for a couple minutes staring ahead of me. After getting the courage, I exit the car and head inside the cemetery. I could feel the cold wind breeze along my face with each step I took.