03

The arrangement

The arrangement

I stare at the legal marriage agreement with a blank expression as father taps his fingers on the table sitting across me.

I read through the paper trying to get a wind of any sort of loop hold I can get myself out of in order to not follow through with this marriage but дедушка really made it so that they are no loopholes.

"Why" I asked placing the papers on the table and looking up at my father. He sighed deeply before replying.

"I cannot tell you now, but trust me when you know the truth you'll understand why your grandfather did it" 

"A marriage really. Couldn't we have made alliances with them another way. Also doesn't he hate the Greek's? He has over and over again called them 'the scum of the earth'" I exclaimed putting my hand to my head. 

This time he didn't answer but took the papers from me almsot wanting to scan them through

"I don't know what to tell you Leo. I'm unsure I can give you a proper answer but its what needs to be done" He says.

I lifted my head and looked at him.

"So what now?" I ask and just then the phone rings. 

"Well we are about to know right now" He replied picking up his phone off the counter and answering the call. 

I watched as they greeted each other like they did any partner and then headed off to small talk before dad cut it and got straight to the topic.

"Are they any plans in regards to their marriage?" He asked. Father moved his hands to put it on speaker and then placed the phone back on the table.

"Yes Archer, my son, has already booked them a reservation at Yor'iya. It is scheduled for tonight at 8pm. The two of them already flew off earlier and are set to arrive around 6pm in Russia" King Carolos replies. 

His voice sounded hoarse and exhausted.

"All set then" Father replied as motioned for me to write that down. I gave him a subtle nod before he removed the call off speaker.

After a couple of minutes he hung up the phone and looked back at me.

"Why are you speaking to him like he's your friend?" I ask him a little confused by his actions. This time a cold smirk crosses his face as an almost menacing look crosses his face.

"Sometimes you gotta prep your victim before killing them" He replied and then opened and file and continued writing some stuff.

I frowned at his word but didn't want to continue the conversation. 

"I'll finish the rest of your work for today. Just get ready for the date and make sure you arrive on time" He said and I nodded my head standing up.

"Oh and also, let Layah pick out your clothes" He said and I turned around.