BONUS

16 Years Ago

16 Years Ago

The chatter in the living room seemed to be at the highest level.

It felt different as opposed to my organized and quiet environment back at the organization. The rules are simple and everyone abides by them.

You do not speak unless spoken to by a higher authority.

You answer appropriately and at a minimal level.

Unless ordered by a person of authority, do not interact with newbies and leave them be.

These rules meant that newcomers make loads of mistakes which they learn from firsthand. Talking is minimal and the most noise you can hear are groans and cries of pain in the ring or the sound of gunshots being put off in the range.

I have only ever spoken with Pa in his office and some of my uncles who were heavily involved in the organization.

"Lay" I hear a voice.

"Hmm" I reply while turning around finally focusing back to reality.

"You trailed off there" My doll says and I nod at her.

"I will be back" I replied standing up. I headed outside the living room without catching anyone's attention.

I walked upstairs towards the top and made my way towards My doll's room. Using the bed for support I lifted the window to the rook and climbed out.

I kept the roof open and sat there staring at the sky with my knees towards me. My arms wrapped around my leg while leaning forward.

Silence at last.

"Why did you leave?"

Oh goddammit.

I turned my head to see the idiot had followed me here. He stuck his head out the roof window looking like an absolute idiot.

I glared at him silently not answering his question.

"Silent treatment" He mocked while climbing on the roof and taking a seat next to me. A sigh left my mouth. He suddenly went quiet. I looked back at him after a couple of minutes to see what he was doing.

He was staring intently in my direction, particularly in my arms. My eyes followed his and I realized that my sleeves were up.

When i was climbing to reach the top I pulled my sleeve up and forgot to push it back down.

I quickly did so but it was too late. He had already seen my scars.

"What happened?" He asked hesitantly in a choked tone.

"Nothing" I replied coldly.

"That is not Nothing Layla" I almost flinched hearing him say my full name. I guess I was so used to him calling me one of his crazy pet names that it felt weird hearing it from him.