02

The Family Meeting

The Family Meeting

"Lydia" My elder brother called out from behind the door.

"Yes" I replied hiding the book I was reading under a pile of other books. The door opened and Archer entered.

"Are you ready, father wants us in the family room" He asks and I nod my head standing up from the chair.

"Are you wearing that?" He asks looking down at my outfit. My face morphed into a slight frown as I looked back at him.

"is something wrong with it?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, just a little odd option for you. But we are already late so we need to go" He replied.

"Right" I said walking towards him as he held my room door open. We walked down the halls and headed downstairs to the third floor where the family room is.

As we headed down, I looked at my watch and saw that it was just past 8:00 am. I walked in the room first and saw that our dad and stepmom, Sara, were already in their seat waiting for us.

"Good Morning" Dad spoke. I muttered an almost incoherent 'morning' while Archers was loud.

"Take a seat" He said and we pulled our respective chairs out and sat down. Archers laid back face was completely gone after we entered that room as his aura became cold and defensive.

When he is around dad, its almost like he is in the same room as the enemy.

---

With one ring of a bell, the maids and servants came inside placing everything in their respective places.

Everything was served to us and a plate full of our usual was placed in front of us.

As we all slowly began eating I could feel, Sara's actions trying to desperately catch our dads attention and take away the whole reason for this meal. Archer was glaring at her coldly while I just ignored her usual behavior.

Its nothing new.

"Father, can we know why we are here today?" Archer asks caring not less about interrupting Sara. My father looked up as his eyes lit up.

"Yes you may. I was just about to bring it up" He says as an odd smile crosses his face.

"I would like to announce that we have made an alliance with the Russians" He announces and Archers face drops.

"What is the meaning of this father?" He asks, his tone becoming colder.

"Lydia, you will be marrying their crown prince, Aleksei. She was promised to him from years ago" He replied and I stared at him in disbelief.

"She will do no such thing" Archer replied.

"Yes she will and you will listen to everything he says or I will make sure you regret living like your mother" My father says now staring at me.