54. She'll die...

"You truly believe him?" Yibo buried his head in Zhan's neck, a move that did not answer the Omega's answer at all, aggravating him. "Yibo", Zhan called and the warning in the tone had the Alpha backing up. "Why do you keep bringing him up?", the Alpha grumbled and Zhan's brows rose at the irritation he saw on Yibo's face. "Because you aren't giving me answers, Baby lion. If Wu Jing is right then-" A growl cut Zhan off and golden eyes clashed with Zhan's the realization of what was truly happening finally dawning on the man. "Are you jealous?" A scoff left Yibo's lips this time but there was no hiding the emotion in his eyes. The entire situation was so bizarre, Zhan couldn't stop an incredulous laugh from leaving him. "It's not funny. The entire morning you have been talking about him and Zhuo Yichen. You went to see Zhuocheng as well and now that I finally got some time with you, you keep bringing other men up", Yibo hissed biting Zhan's lip in retaliation making the Omega snarl. "It is funny. We are mated, baby lion. You still think Wu Jing-"  "Don't take his name!" Zhan threw his hands in the air and right at that moment Zhan's mother walked into Lei's office. The woman saw Zhan and Yibo in a face-off of sorts and let out a surprised sound. "Oh. I  came to talk to Lei. I didn't think I'd find you both here." Wei Sanren had a soft smile on her face but the Alpha sensed the underlying tension in the air, her brows furrowing instantly. "What's wrong?" "He is being an unreasonable ass. That's what is wrong!" Sanren caught the annoyed growl that left Yibo at Zhan's words, her eyes settling on the man who stood beside Zhan looking like a sour lemon. She was about to question Zhan when she heard familiar footsteps behind her, her wolf perking up as soon as her mate walked into the room.

"Why are you frowning, Lao Po?" To someone else, the voice must have sounded extremely easygoing and gentle but only Sanren recognized the laced threat in them. Her husband was an expert at concealing his true emotions fooling others but she knew how vicious the man could be when pushed. Knowing her husband needed the words, Sanren smoothed his features placing a hand on Changze's forearm. "I am fine. They are the ones fighting." Now, even Zhan's father was wearing a frown staring at the newly mated males in front of him. "What happened, A-Ying?" "I was just asking him if he believes what Wu Jing said! For as long as I have known him, I know the man isn't simple to understand. I was just asking about him and Yibo got all growly and surly!"  "You keep taking his name again and again! I told you everything I know yet, you keep trying to talk to him!"  "Stop being an ass, Baby lion. Wu Jing told you he isn't interested in me. Everyone knows we have claimed each other. Your scent is all over me. Why are you being stupid?"  Another growl was heard, the temperature in the room plummeted suddenly and Zhan threw his hands in the air again. "See? Can't I even take the guy's name now? Mom! Can you see how unreasonable he is being?"  "No. He isn't. The only person I see being unreasonable is you." Eyes wide Zhan gaped at his mother who elegantly walked to Yibo's side. The woman patted Yibo's shoulder to show her support before turning her dissatisfied gaze to Zhan. "Mom?"  "You guys got mated recently. It's obvious Yibo and his wolf are feeling a little possessive. You should be considerate of my son's feelings instead of making things harder for him. An Alpha should guard his Omega closely. If Yibo isn't careful that Wu Jing or Yichen will make a move toward you. Obviously, Yibo will be upset." Yibo's eyes met the older female's before his lips curled up in a smirk and the Alpha crossed his arms across his chest. Zhan could smell the smugness on Yibo's skin and the Omega wanted to smack that smirk off his mate's face but Zhan decided to be smarter and turned his gaze to his father.

"Dad? Do you also feel I am being inconsiderate?" Shaking his head with distress the elder came to his son's side patting his head. "Of course not. How can my A-Ying be inconsiderate? You are just worried about the battle and asking these questions is expected. What's wrong with taking that man's name? You can talk to whomever you want and call his name as much as you want. It's your mate, A-Ying. He is just too jealous. Alphas can be stupid at times."  Satisfied with his father's answer, Zhan turned to his mother and mate with a smile, a proud look on his face. The two sides stood facing each other, glaring at one another for a while before they burst into a laugh. "Aiyo, Lao Po...I can't bear that fierce look on your face. It scares me to bits", complained Wei Changze, and Sanren turned her gaze away fighting the blush that crept up her face. "You need to stop with those glares as well, little wolf. I am sweating here." Zhan swatted Yibo's chest laughing again and Lei chose that moment to walk into the room, his eyes lighting up at the scene in front of him. "What are you guys so happy about?", he asked no one in particular and it was Sanren who answered. "I was just telling Zhan how much you and Su Ming suit each other." The lion shifter choked on the water he was drinking and Changze chuckled again earning a grim look from the lion shifter. "Fine. Fine. The entire family has turned against me." The others laughed at the look on his face but soon the laughter subsided as they took their seats in Lei's office.