49. He is enough...

Yibo groaned when he felt his bed move. He grumbled in his sleep a huff leaving his lips and when he felt Zhan slipping away from him, Yibo looped his arm around his mate's waist hauling him back to his side. "Don't even think about it", he said gruffly burying his face in Zhan's neck and breathing him in. "My phone's ringing", said Zhan groggily patting Yibo's hand but Yibo's grip on him didn't ease, getting stronger instead. "Let it be. Don't leave me", he grumbled and heard Zhan chuckle softly. "You are whining, baby lion."  Yibo's eyes snapped open and the sight that greeted him had him sighing contentedly. Zhan's lips were pulled into a beautiful, dazzling smile, his eyes crinkled at their corners glinting with joy, and Yibo's heart threatened to leave his chest the first thing in the morning.

"This is the only way I want to start my day for the rest of my life", he mumbled, his throat suddenly dry and Zhan's brows arched, his tone teasing. "Starting your day with whining? Not sure if that's a good idea." Yibo rolled his eyes before pulling Zhan in for a deep kiss dropping a sharp bite to the plump flesh."Get used to seeing your perfect face beside mine every day. Still feels like a dream." With reverent fingers, Zhan brushed the inky black strands of hair away from Yibo's temples and dropped a kiss on Yibo's head. "It's real." Yibo smiled at his words pressing his lips to Zhan's collarbone and Zhan rolled Yibo under him ready to worship his mate but he stopped when his phone rang again. "I really should get that", he reasoned only for Yibo to grunt. "Don't care. I am not letting you go."  "It might be Lei. He must be worried." A groan left the grown-up Alpha before he sullenly nodded. "Fine." Zhan pressed a kiss to the corner of Yibo's lips and slid off the bed grabbing his jeans. He could feel eyes on every inch of him and when he turned around with the phone in his hand, it was to see Yibo intensely staring at him hunger clear as day on his face. "Haven't you had enough?", Zhan teased but the look on Yibo's face got serious as he shook his head. "Never going to have enough." Zhan's cheeks began to burn and he turned his attention to his phone calling Lei.

"A-Zhan!!! I have been calling you since last night! Are you okay?" Zhan held the phone away from his ear as Lei kept firing question after question on the other end and sat on the bed waiting for the elder to stop scolding him. Yibo's chest pressed against his back as arms caged him in and settling his chin on Zhan's shoulder Yibo sighed, "He's fine, Lei. If you let him talk you'll hear the words for yourself." There was a moment of silence on the other end before the elder began to growl louder. "What the hell is wrong with you, Yibo!!? Why the fuck didn't you tell me? You think now that you are grown up I can't teach you a lesson? You just wait. You come here and I will show you what happens when you hide things from me. You just wait."  "I am not sure if I like you talking this way with my mate, Lei. Before you go ballistic on our ass, shouldn't you be congratulating us? We've claimed each other." Zhan smiled at the silence that followed his words and Yibo mouthed that the lion shifter had probably lost consciousness. "Are you there, Lei?" "C-Congratulations", sobbed the man on the other end and Zhan heard another voice ask, "What happened?"  "They claimed each other." "A-Ying??" Zhan recognized his father's voice and answered his father. "I am here, dad."  "Are you okay? Is Yibo alright?" Zhan felt his heart warm up at the concern his father's tone held for both him and Yibo.

"We are fine, dad. Where's mom?"  "She's right here."  The phone was most probably handed to Zhan's mother who could only whisper Zhan's name. "A-Ying, we got worried. You should have answered your phone. If Haoxuan hadn't called us last night, all of us would've gone crazy worrying about you both."  "We are okay, mom." Zhan reassured making the woman sigh in relief. "Thank God for that. Congratulations to both of you. I hope you both are immensely happy for the rest of your lives. When are you coming to Hope?" Zhan looked to Yibo at the question but the Alpha just shrugged a shoulder burrowing deeper into Zhan. "Ummm-" "You better bring my son-in-law here, A-Ying. He is going to be a part of this family. I need to make him feel welcomed. Moreover, I need to see with my eyes that you're both alright", said Wei Sanren in a firm tone and Zhan heard his father let out an exasperated sigh. "Do you have to be so stern, Lao po? They are newly mated. We should give them a little privacy", reasoned his father, and Zhan laughed lightly when he heard his parents bicker on the phone. Lacing his fingers with Yibo's, Zhan turned and asked his mate softly if he wanted to visit the shelter. "We'll be there soon", agreed Yibo softly and Zhan's parents ceased their squabbling. "Good. Then, I'll see you both here. We are all very happy for you both. Take care of yourselves. Bye, A-Ying."