Stepbrother ❤️

Todoroki x Reader
(AU, no quirks)
(TW: Mentions of SA, Abuse, Manipulation)

***

You pulled the covers further up your face, trying to desperately shield yourself from him. The only light came from your phone, which would occasionally go off with each notification.

The door to your room was opened, creaking open only the slightest bit. No light poured in, but you could make out the faintest streak of red hair. Pulling the blanket over your entire head, you held your hands to your mouth to silence any noise.

Was your mother still awake at this hour? Would she come to help you if you screamed? Most likely not. Shoto had manipulated your mother into believing they were just violent nightmares. The sleep medication you were prescribed would always lull you into a deep sleep, which your stepbrother would use to his advantage.

Your eyes would crack open slightly, and would then close again out of fear upon seeing his form on top of yours. His body would hover over yours, and the words that spilled from his mouth made you shudder.

The medicine made it difficult to move, and thus, you could do nothing but silently cry as he had his way. Shoto would take your phone, and scroll through all of your history and messages. He'd become angry seeing a new text, whether it was from someone he knew or not.

"Who is this? Do you like them? Is it someone I know?" His left hand roamed where it didn't belong, and his right further scrolled down to read the conversation. Your eyes kept drifting shut, and each time, there was a new expression on his face. Shoto's face was lit up from the screen, only making him seem more terrifying.

"Mmmm...ah—this is Midoriya, isn't it? Are you two close?"

The silence was deafening, and you wished for the medication to kick back in. Your eyes scanned the door, pleading with your mother to walk in at that moment. She would immediately understand that something wasn't right, and she'd save you.

But that didn't happen.

That following morning, you felt weak. You made up the excuse of having a fever, and just stayed home. The day was more peaceful with Shoto not being around, but once he came back from school, it was the same all over again.

Now, as he watched your form cower under the blankets, Shoto stepped inside and locked the door behind him. His footsteps against the carpet were light, and you bit your knuckles when the side of your bed dipped.

"Please...leave me alone for tonight. I just want to sleep..." The blankets were your only source of protection, but they wouldn't stop Shoto so easily. Whatever he wanted, he would manipulate anyone or anything to get it.

"Now, why would I do that? I had a long day at school today, can't we talk for a bit?" The top corner of your blanket was being pulled away, exposing the cold air to your face. With a small cry, you tried to tug it back.

"Y/N, I want to see you. Don't be afraid, little sister." Your blanket was tugged forward again, but with more force. There was nothing left to protect you now.

"I'm not your stupid sister, get away from me!" Shoto was annoyed at your outburst, but even more so when your legs shot out and kicked him away.