And They Were Roomates 💙

Dabi x Reader
(3rd POV)

I gotchu, @Rina0kumura

***

A stolen pair of panties here, and a pair of boxers there. Their desires never fell short, but they wouldn't let the other one know that.

The bar was old, dirty, and reeked of drugs. Dabi and Y/N opted to rent an apartment in downtown Kamino Ward, and since they both split the rent, it was fairly cheap and comfortable for two people.

Y/N couldn't stand Shigaraki's hands, figuratively or literally. He was always creeping around every corner, sticking his nose where it didn't belong. Toga, on the other hand, was far worse.

She didn't miss the flutter of her eyelashes when speaking to Dabi, or the clingy way she held onto his arm. Y/N eyed the knives secured into the waistband of her skirt, wondering of the different ways she could yield it.

It was a nonstop flurry of emotions. They made Y/N want to do unreasonable acts, but she had to remain calm. Well, maybe not calm. She needed to keep everything away from Dabi's eyes unless she wanted a game over.

Another rose sprouted from her skin, this time it was her scalp. She groaned when the vines tangled with her hair, and the thorns pricked her skin. A few smaller ones grew on her fingers, but they didn't hurt like the big ones. Any other person would believe her roses were hair adornments.

"Is it that time again?"

Dabi leaned against her doorway, watching as she tried to pluck the roses off of her fingers. She winced with each pull, and tried to pull them out faster. Their roots seemed to go on forever.

"Shut up, patchwork. It's just...difficult."

Y/N didn't mean to be so rude, maybe Dabi's attitude was rubbing off on her? Neither of them knew.

Y/N hated going to the bar and seeing Toga's stupid smiley face. She snarled seeing the little hearts form in her irises. Patience was key, they said. Acting on instinct was unreasonable, they said.

The lights shut off, and everyone was retiring for the evening. Y/N took a swig of her shot, watching as Toga skipped out the front door. Dabi was close behind, giving Y/N a lopsided smile on his way out.

Her glass of vodka was crushed.

Toga walked alone, running her finger along the sharp edges of her blades. She hummed nursery rhymes to herself, not sensing the presence behind her. Where was the café shop, again? Was it around the corner? Would Dabi be there?

"Hey, Himiko."

She spun around, clasping her hands together.

"Y/N! What are you doing—"

A vine of thorns sprouted from the palm of her hand, before spiraling out and wrapping itself around Toga's neck. She sputtered for air, and reached out to Y/N for help. Toga wouldn't receive none.

"Let's see...oh, this should be dark enough."

Y/N dragged her along, giggling to herself seeing Toga's skin cut open around the thorns. She only pulled tighter the more Toga struggled, and the poor girl's face was turning blue.