Chapter 2 - Meeting the Avengers

"Avengers look alive!" Tony shouts as we enter the meeting room.

I look around and see many familiar faces but also new ones.

Oh crap, is that the Winter Soldier? Although Maria didn't tell me much about what happen, he was all over the news, so I know some stuff about him. He is the main reason why S.H.I.E.L.D. is no more. Should I be scared? Wait, why would I be? He is here, so that means he is good now...maybe? I mean, yea obviously. Duh.

What I didn't realize is that I am staring right at him while I am deep in thought.

He notices and just give me a slight awkward smile. I smile back trying not to make this any more awkward.

"I would like to introduce you all to Y/N. She will be our new intel researcher and Maria's understudy. Y/N this is Steve, Bucky, Thor, Bruce, Clint, Mini Clint or Kate, you know Nat of course, and last but not least Mini-...."

"Don't you dare Stark! I am not mini anyone. My name is Yelena." The younger blonde next to Nat says with a thick accent. I look at her quizzically while she stares at me and Tony

"Ok fine yes that is Yelena ,Y/n. Everyone welcome her to the team. As I stated she will be helping Maria gather intel for our missions and will be working closely with you all to make sure you have all update to date information needed for anything else." Tony says while patting my back

Everyone starts saying hello and Tony just looks at me and asks "You want to say anything Y/N?"

Well I was just put on the spot so I guess I can't say no... "Well um thank you, first of all, for taking the time to welcome me. I am really excited and honored to be working with you all and I will make sure to be readily available for anything you need."

Everyone nods with a smile on their face as Kate raises her hand eagerly.

"Yes Kate?" Tony asks

"Quick question .... not that it matters at all .... but I am just like very curious and wanted to ask you because I noticed ... but I mean don't feel forced to answer of course ... um but, I mean I ..."

"Will you ask the question already Bishop!" Yelena says to end Kate's rambling. Nat nudges Yelena trying to calm her down

"Yes right, sorry, are you and Maria related or something because you both look very much alike."

I giggle at Kate's rambling and at Yelena's antics

"Yea, Maria is my older sister"

"Yea that is "Mini Maria" Kate, as I like to call her" Nat says while I can hear Maria chuckle

"Nat!" I groan out as I just cover my face with my and and shake my head.

"Oh so cool! A new "MINI" in the group! But I am guessing you are also not a fan of the nickname like Yelena" Kate says

"Um well I would prefer just to be called Y/N"

"Of course, Y/N it is" Steve speaks up "Once again Y/N really happy for you to be joining the team and I am excited to get to know you more. I hate to have to cut this short, but we all have to get ready for a mission"

"Of course, not a problem at all Steve. Once again thank you all for being so kind and good luck on your mission"

With that everyone begins to leave. I was about to follow Maria out, but someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around and see a smiling Kate.

"Yes Kate, can I do something for you?" I say while smiling back at her

"Oh no, I just wanted to welcome you personally with a hug if that's ok! I am just a hugger and I'm supper excited for you to be joining! You look to be around my age, so I can feel we are going to be really good friends!"