Chapter 23 - Glitch

It's been a couple of days and I've been texting and FaceTiming with Sharon as much as possible. She really is amazing. Talking to her really brightens up my day. I've told her that my friends want to meet her and she seems excited to meet them. Me, on the other hand, I am nervous. I haven't really told Sharon that I am someone with abilities. I am also not too sure if she recognized Yelena and Kate at the bar when we first met. I probably should have told her right away, but I guess Carol was right, you don't really go around introducing yourself as a superhero.

Today is Friday and I made plans to meet with Sharon today. I am about to head out and I see Tony in the kitchen. "Please don't call Maria this time Tony. I am going to hang out with a friend."

"Have fun with your girl- -friend Y/N!" I hear Tony shout as I continue walking. "Thanks Tony!" I shout back laughing as I get to the door.

"Bye Y/N, be careful." My body freezes with the sound of her voice. I turn towards the common area and see Wanda sitting on a couch with a book in her hands. She is looking right at me with a small smile on her face. Wow she looks breathtaking- NOPE! Stop Y/N. . . wait did she really just talk to me. I realize that I am now just staring at her and I have not replied.

"Um Hi - I mean, bye... Wanda. Thanks." I quickly response and turn to walk out of the door while closing it behind me. I lay on the door for a quick second to gather myself. What was that about?! Is she talking to me now? But why- No! I cannot dwell on this. I made up my mind, I am letting her go. I cannot let her affect me like this anymo-. . .

The door opens catching me off guard and I fall backwards. I look up and see the green eyes that alway make my heart stop. Dammit I will never be able to move on.

"Oh my gosh Y/N are you ok? I didn't know you were there. I am so sorry." Wanda bends to try and help me up.

"Oh-um no it's my fault. I was just...um laying on the door." I try to explain myself but feeling Wanda's hands on me is really not helping me think straight at all. She helps me up and I turn to look at her.

I see her trying to hold back a laugh behind her smile. "It's ok Wands, you can laugh." Did I just call her Wands? I hope she won't mind, I know we are not really in the best of terms. My thought slowly fade as I begin to hear her laughter. Hearing this just makes a bigger mess out of me. It is so heavenly. I wish I could listen to that all day.

"Are you sure you are ok Y/N? I am sorry again. I was just going... I mean I just thought... um.. I thought I heard someone knocking on the door so I came to check it out."  A smile grows on my face as I listen to Wanda, but I am not really paying attention to what she is saying. I am so entranced and cherishing this moment. She has not talked to me in so long and I am not sure if this is just a one-off situation. Either way I will hold on to his memory forever.

"Y/N? Did you hear me? Are you ok?" Wanda puts her hands on my face and that was all it took for me to completely just fall over over again. Metaphorically not literally.

"Um yea... I have to go. Bye Wanda." I quickly just turned and I fly off. I couldn't deal with all this emotions anymore. I am scared. I don't want to let myself fall back into her. She probably still won't want to talk to me. It was probably just a spur of the moment thing with her. I don't want to get my hopes ups.

Wanda POV

I am sitting on the couch with my book. I know Y/N is going to be passing in a couple of minutes. I heard her talking with Kate that she was meeting up with Sharon. I wanted to try and catch her before she left. I am ready to do anything I can to get her back.

"Have fun with your girl- -friend Y/N!" I hear Stark shout to Y/N and that just makes my blood boil. I see Y/N about to exit the door as she responds to Stark. This is my cue.