Chapter 15 - Fix Our Mistake

Wanda POV

We get to the lab and Ultron has already taken over it with his robots. Pietro and I listen to the conversation he is having with a doctor.

Ultron: You are going to build me a body

Dr. Helen Cho: The regeneration cradle prints tissue, it can't build a living body.

Ultron: It can, you can. You lack the materials. You're a brilliant woman, Helen. But we all have room to improve. This one here, she possesses a great power. A power out of this world. A stone. You will take it out of her and put it on the body.

Dr. Helen Cho: I cannot do that. And even if I could, surely it would kill her.

Ultron: Yea possibly. First use the Vibranium to build the body, then we will worry about stone.

Dr. Helen Cho: "I can't-..."

Ultron: "Wanda, can you please..."

Already knowing what Ultron is asking me, I use my power to mind control the doctor. She begins to do what Ultron wants, but I begin to feel uneasy.

I don't want to kill Y/N. I turn to look at Y/N laying there unconscious. What is it about this girl. Why am I so drawn to her. It can't be the stone. I felt this as soon as I laid my eyes on her. Before she even touched the stone.

The doctor finishes setting up the machine and it starts to create a body.

Dr. Helen Cho: It's beautiful. The Vibranium atoms aren't just compatible with the tissue cells, they're binding them. And SHIELD never even thought--

Ultron: The most versatile substance on the planet and they used it to make a Frisbee. Typical of humans, they scratch the surface and never think to look within.

************************************

It's been a couple of hours now and the body is complete. I am getting more and more nervous. I am sitting next to Y/N and I just can't help but doubt if I am doing the right thing. I feel her. I sense the good in her. She is dreaming, about... me? I concentrate on her dream. She is admiring me in her dream. She seems nervous, but she can't take her eyes off of me. I can't help but let a smile grow on my face. I have to stop lying to myself. I indeed have feelings for Y/N and I want her to be mine. I remove myself from her thought and know I need to get her out of here. I cannot let Ultron hurt her, but I am not sure how.

"After my consciousness is transferred to the body, you will kill the girl and obtain the stone and place it on the body." Ultron says to the doctor as she nods.

Ultron begins to plug himself to the body in the machine and data begins to run from him to the new body. I use my powers to see what the data shows. I guess these would be Ultron's thoughts.