Chapter 38 - Love Me Like You Do

Wanda POV

We enter a room with a glass barrier and I see her. I see Y/N. She is sitting up and Shuri is talking to her. Y/N has a big smile on her face. Nakia goes to click a button on the door and it intercoms into the other room.

"Shuri, I have brought some guests. May we come in?" Nakia asks and we see both of them turn to look at us.

"Yes of course, come in." Shuri clicks a button on her tablet and the doors unlock. We enter the room and Y/N never takes her eyes off me.

"H-Hi Y/N." I say very nervously. I cannot tell if she remembers me or not.

"Hi Y/N, how are you feeling?" Maria then asks as she finally break her focus on me and looks over at Maria.

She slowly gets up and walks over to us. I get a bit more worried because I am unable to connect to her mind. She has me blocked. "Y/N?" I say as she stops right in front of us and looks at both of us intently.

She quickly spreads both her arms open and wraps us both in a huge hug. I finally relax and let out a breath. Maria puts one arm around Y/N and so do I.

"What the hell Y/N don't do that! Why didn't you say anything!?" Maria asks as I let out a chuckle.

"Oh sorry, well because she actually can't. The procedure went perfectly fine and she seems to have all her memories in tact, but she is unable to say anything. She has been speaking telepathically to me. It seems to be the only side affect we are dealing with."

I look at Y/N and she gives me a sad smile. "Hi my love." Y/N says in my mind and I give her a bright smile.

"Wait, why can't I connect with you?" I ask back in her mind as we gaze into each others eyes.

"I think my mind is on like a defensive mode at the moment, so I feel it closed off. I am sorry my love I am not sure what to do about it."

"Y/N it's ok. I am just so glad you are ok and you have your memories. I am just so happy right now." I say as a tear escapes my eye. She caresses my face and cleans my tear with her thumb.

"Are you two having a conversation?" Maria ask as I turn and see everyone staring at us. Y/N must have said something to Maria in her mind because I just see her jump a bit. "Gosh I will never get use to that, but I am glad you are ok Y/N." She says out loud. 

"All her scans came back normal so everything is looking to be clear for you Y/N, but you need to get some rest though. I will double check on your neuro scans and see if I can find out why you are unable to speak." Shuri says as she looks up from her tablet.

"Y/N, if you are hungry we will have someone bring you some food to your room. I will show you where your room will be. Oh by the way my name is Nakia. Actually I'll show you all where you will be staying for the night if you all want to follow me." She says as she turn to Maria and I.

"That would be great. Thank you Nakia." Maria says as we all thank Shuri one last time before we exit the lab.

Maria walks next to Nakia as they talk about things that I am not really paying attention to. Y/N has her arm around me as I have my arm around her waist. I feel her gaze on me and I can't help but feel my cheeks redden. There is some sort of tension building up and I can feel it between us. I finally look at her as we continue to walk and I see desire in her eyes. I start to feel my cheeks burn even more as I give her a shy smile.

"Ok here is your room Y/N. Wanda said she wanted to stay during your recover stay with us, so she will have another room, buuuut since that hasn't started yet, if you two would like, you can share a room for tonight. Wanda will be able to keep an eye on you just in case anything happens, which it won't, but let's just play it safe. There is clean clothes in the drawers for you both if you wish to get cleaned up." Nakia says while looking at Y/N and she just nods. Nakia then looks at me and gives me a wink. I press my lips together and look away to hold back my smile. "Maria your room will be just down the hall, let's head that way now. Y/N I'll have someone bring you down a plate of food ok." Y/N nods and Nakia walks off with Maria following her.