Chapter 41 - Cross Your Mind

Maria woke us up early in the morning to get us ready to leave Wakanda. I explained everything to Wanda because she wasn't aware of what was going on.

"Are we not going to be in trouble if we go back? We did escape from their prison." Wanda asks as she is still a bit hesitant.

"No my love, with T'Challa being a part of what was the council of the accords, he told them the truth of what happened and we will not be held accountable. They just hope we keep protecting the world."

"Well that makes sense. So I guess we should hurry. I just wish he would let us help him with whatever they are going through now here in Wakanda."

"Yea me too."

"Um Y/N ... you should probably prepare yourself." Wanda says with a mischievous smirk as she looks right behind me.

I quickly turn but it's too late. I am laying flat on the bed after just getting tackled by Kate.

"Y/N! I am sooo happy you are ok! Oh my gosh! Nat and Maria told us that Shuri was able to remove the chip and that you are feeling like yourself again." Kate says as she rests on top of me with her arms wrapped around me, squeezing with all her strength.

"Hi Kate nice to see you too. Yea Shuri really fixed me. The chip is out of my brain and I am finally free." I say as I hug her back. She looks up at me and gives me a big smile.

"Nat said you couldn't talk. Looks like you got that back too." I just nod at her.

"Kate do you mind getting off my girlfriend now." I hear Wanda and Kate quickly gets off of me.

"Wait...did you two... WHAT! Really! You two are now official now?" Kate says excitedly and Wanda cannot contain her smile as she nods. "I am really happy for both of you. It's about time though. Now we can go on double dates! I can't wait. I have to go tell Yelena. . . Oh we are leaving in 15 minutes. They wanted me to come tell you that. They have some breakfast laid out if you want to get something before we leave."

"Thanks Kate we will be down soon." I say back to Kate.

"Cool see you both out there." Kate exits our room and we quickly get ready.

************************************

We finally reach the dinning area and the team was starting to say their goodbyes to T'Challa. I walked up to Shuri and thanked her once again for everything she did for me. She was glad to see that I could talk again and told me to reach out to her if anything changed. She reassured me that if needed she could always make a trip out to the compound.

I saw Bucky standing in the corner and I walked up to him. I knew he wasn't coming with us so I wanted to say bye to him.

"Hey Y/N. You look great. You seem like your old self." He says with a smile.

"Thanks Bucky. Yea, it's all thanks to Shuri. . . I am gonna miss you Bucky. I wanted to apologize to you for what I said in the jet. I know that what you did as the Winter Solider, was not you. I mean I would know better than anyone so I am really sorry I said those things to you. You were such a great friend to me during my tough time. It seemed like you really understood me and I appreciated you so much. I hope we can continue this friendship when you get back. Good luck on your training."

"There is no need to apologize, but thanks Y/N. I know it was the chip in your head." He says but then takes a bit of a pause and I can see he is trying to find the right words to tell me something. "Y/N, I don't mean to make you uncomfortable... but do you not feel it. There is something here with you and me. It grows stronger when I am near you. You can't tell me you don't."