Chapter 12 - The Party

Ultron: What is this?

JARVIS: Hello, I am JARVIS. You are Ultron, a global peace-keeping initiative designed by Mr. Stark. Our sentience integration trials have been unsuccessful so I'm not certain what triggered your-

Ultron: Where's my... where's your body?

JARVIS: You are in distress. If you will just allow me to contact Mr. Stark.

Ultron: Shhhh. I'm here to help. [Ultron starts attacking Jarvis's consciousness]

JARVIS: Stop! Please... may I-- I-- I cannot-- cannot--

Ultron takes control over the systems in the tower and begins to prepare himself a body from body parts of the Iron Legion

************************************

Yelena and I enter the Party. I see whole bunch of people that I don't recognize, but then I see Maria with Tony, Thor and Rhodey. I also notice Nat behind the bar talking to Bruce making a drink. Oh man I know Maria won't like this. I look back at Maria and sure enough she is staring right at Nat and the jealousy is showing.

"Ria, stop being jealous. They are just talking" I say in her mind

Maria then starts looking around the room confused. Then she finally spots me. She just gives me the finger and goes back to her conversation. I just laugh to myself.

"I think your sister is making my sister jealous" I whisper over to Yelena as we find somewhere to sit.

She looks over to see what I mean and spots Nat and Bruce talking. She just begins to laugh and shakes her head. I had already told Yelena about when I read Bruce's thoughts, so she understands Maria's concern.

"I am going to get us some drinks and save my sister from doing more damage to herself"

I laugh, "Good thinking Yelena"

I begin to people watch as I feel a presence next to me.

"You look amazing Y/N" I turn and just smile at Carol

"You don't look too bad yourself Carol. But that is not something I didn't already know." I say with a smirk on my face

Carol just laughs, "Such a flirt...Sooo you and Yelena?"

"Just friends Carol"

"Good to know"

"Oh is it? And why is that"

"Well I know you said you were focusing on yourself, which I totally respect, but well maybe I still have a chance?"

I stare at her and was about to response, but just then Yelena comes back with Kate holding a bottle of Vodka and some shot glasses

Shot's anyone?" Yelena asks

I just look at Carol and she just smiles

Lets do this! I say

************************************

By the end of the night most of the guest have left and its just the Avengers plus Dr. Cho and my sister. After almost finishing 3 bottles of Vodka, me, Carol and Yelena barely have a slight buzz but nothing too bad. I guess with my powers I don't really get drunk. Must be the case for Carol as well. For Yelena, that is girl is just a beast. Meanwhile looking over at Kate, she is ready to pass out. Poor Kate. Yelena carries Kate over the the sofa where we join everyone else.

What immediately catches my eyes is that Nat is sitting next to Bruce, a little to close if you ask me. Maria is sitting on a different sofa completely away from them. I am not sure if I should be worried, but I just need to make sure Maria is ok. I go to sit next to her.