Chapter 11 - Carol

It's been a week now and I don't feel like I have made any progress in understanding these powers. Kate has continued to work with me on mediation and it helps for sure. When I get into combat training with Yelena though, I just get so frustrated that I cannot control the power like I want. This leads me to having sudden outburst of my powers. Kate immediately helps me get back in control, but I am scared that I will hurt them. I now have also been training with Steve and Bucky. Although I, myself, am not strong like them, my power is. I can stop their powerful hits with my abilities and reverse the momentum back to them. Sometimes I unintentionally add a bit more power to the hit and it send them flying. I am not always quick enough to block them though. I've been hit a couple of times by them and that cause my anger to get out of control and my power shoots out of me and blast them away. It like this power has a mind of its own and just automatically does things that I cannot control sometimes. I've spoken to Nat and Maria about this and they promised me they would help.

Tony spoke to me and apologized because he felt so bad about that day. I told him it was not his fault and that we have to do whatever it takes to understand the power of the stone. He finally confessed about what had happed in Sokovia. He didn't completely understand it himself, but he explained that he saw visions of aliens and creatures coming to destroy earth. From what I gathered, I know deep inside that Wanda had something to do with it. I think she might have manipulated his mind. Either way, Tony said that he, along with Bruce, where working on Ultron. He felt that by creating Ultron, the world would be safer. I am not one to doubt Tony, so when he asked me to keep it a secret for now, I agreed.

Today there is an avengers team meeting and they requested that I be there along with Maria, so I am headed there now. After we all arrive in meeting room, Nick Fury comes in.

"Well Y/N, a lot has happened to you these last couple of weeks. I understand that the stone now lives within you. With that, Agent Hill and Romanoff have informed me that you are having some trouble controlling the power. Am I correct?"

"Yes Sir, that is correct."

"Well there are two things I wanted to bring up in this meeting. One, Y/N I would like you to consider joining the Avengers. Your new abilities can really help the team out on the field. I am aware that Steve spoke to you about this before and it was left unanswered. I don't expect an answer now, but please consider it and get back to me as soon as you can."

"Yes Sir, I will consider it. Thank you."

"Ok and Two. Y/n we must make sure we get your new powers under control. Agent Romanoff and Agent Hill have also spoke to me about your training. Yelena and Kate have done an amazing job with their training, Steve and Barnes can't seem to stop you, and unfortunately Thor is not here to assist you. So I called in a friend who I think would be beneficial for you to meet, as well as the rest of the team. Everyone I would like to introduce to you to Captain Marvel."

Just then a women comes in wearing a Superhero outfit, which looks so cool. She shifts out of her suit into jeans and a tank shirt, which was really fascinating to watch. We can all now see her face and a concerning look washes over my face as I realize who that is.

"Thank you Fury. Hello everyone, you can just call me Ca-..."

"CAROL?!" I say almost shouting.

"Y/N?!" Carol says looking at me with a shocked expression.

Everyone in the room just stared at us confused.

"So I guess you both know each other. Well that makes things easier I guess. Nevertheless, Y/n, Carol will be training you on harnessing your power and keeping it under control. You will continue your combat training with Yelena and if you want to continue meditating with Kate, I won't be opposed to that. That's all I have for you all today, are there any questions" Fury asks.