Playful Pastimes

He gently combed Her long flowing tresses. Making two partitions, He twirled them around each other and fixed them above Her ears.

He braided the rest of the hair and added flowers in between them. He was so gentle with His movements that She was surprised at His expertise.

He had made a tiara of flowers and leaves and now it was the auspicious time to present it to Her as a gift.

She was delighted when She saw the tiara and bowed Her head, signalling Him to place it on top of Her head.

When He felt it was all done, He showed Her hair in the mirror and asked for Her approval.

She gently nodded Her head and looked away in shyness. But He placed the mirror down and lifted Her chin up with His finger.

"Let me have a closer look. Hmm, I don't think the braid looks right. Let me try it again."

"Oh Swami! You're doing it for the ninth time. I know all your tricks. You're opening and redoing my hair to spend more time with me. My hair looks just fine and in fact better than when I tie them. Thank you for your efforts."

She looked away again. But Shiva was determined to get Her to look at Him. He tried His best to make eye contact and prove His innocence. For He is the sweet, innocent Lord who is full of love and adoration.

"Believe me, I can do better. Let me try once more."

He picked up the comb again and began to untie all the previous efforts He had put into making the elaborate braid.

She giggled and sat up straight. Even if She denied it, She was definitely pleased and happy with His efforts to make Her feel comfortable and at ease. And above all, He was trying to express His love for Her, even if not in words but actions.

"Parvati, I can spend my entire lifetime and even more with You, sitting here beside Mansarovar and tying Your hair. Your hair is so beautiful that I could play all along with them, and it could go on forever. I hardly get time to spend with you so let me be here in this serendipity and feel this aura of love."

She looked at Him, pleasantly surprised at the sudden display of affection and warm words. Their eyes met after many tries and attempts of evasion. And like She had anticipated,

Amidst the lofty ice cold mountain ranges, Their Love was warm enough to melt down glaciers. Kailash welcomed spring once again and flowers bloomed in grace.

_____________________________________________

"I won! This one was easy! Swami, maybe you should not try another game

"I won! This one was easy! Swami, maybe you should not try another game. You've lost all the rounds we've played so far."

Shiva took the dice in His hands, ready to play, or rather lose another round to His Wife.

*My Love, everytime I lose to You, I end up winning more and more instead. And I would love to lose to My Love infinite times if it gives Her this much joy and happiness."

Parvati blushed and looked at Her sides to ensure that no one else heard their conversation. She turned red like a newly wed bride and was glowing in love. In Her Shiva's love.

"Swami, you've already won My love and My heart. I don't think you can ever lose. I'm Yours and You're Mine. You'll never lose Me or our bond."

Shiva kept the dice on the board and took Her gentle hands in His calloused ones. His hands had grown tough and strong all these years, but they needed soft, tender love like Hers to hold onto.

"Parvati, You're one with Me. You don't have to feel scared, insecure or afraid. I'm here for You and always will be. That's My eternal promise."

Parvati smiled and looked down. She clenched His hands tighter to show Her abidance.

"This game of Chausar which is so dear to you and helped Me win over My Wife, will be played and cherished by all beings in the Universe and beyond for centuries. It will be a favourite in regal courts and grand ceremonies, and people will enjoy it just like You."

Parvati was thrilled at the prophecy. After endless tries and attempts, and months of waiting, Shiva finally gave Her the required and deserved attention and time.

He was going out of Her comfort zone to make Her feel happy and secure. She never got time to miss Her maternal home. Everyone kept Her so occupied and in so much bliss. She felt pure love, devotion and adoration amongst Shiva and His acquaintances.

She was assured that She won't have to leave Kailash ever. At least She didn't want to. And even if She did due to circumstances, She hoped it was only for a short while. She would miss this place much more than Her own soul.

But destiny always has other plans. And the uncertainty was making even the Great Goddess anxious. She was troubled by thoughts and fears, and insecurities began to creep in, even as She held onto Her Love tighter, never wanting to go away.

Whatever shall happen, was only known to Mahadev. For He is omniscient. She trusted Him and His promise more than Her fears. And She assured Herself by saying that She may leave Kailash but Kailash will never leave Her.

 And She assured Herself by saying that She may leave Kailash but Kailash will never leave Her

।। ॐ नमः पार्वती पतिये हर हर महादेव ।। 

।। ॐ नमः शिवाय ।।