Sati Is Avenged

When news reached Kailash, terror ensued. Nandi and the Ganas didn't know how to face Shiva and tell Him that they returned without Sati.

Shiva was in meditation and withdrawn from the external world. But He witnessed all the events happening at Kankhal. He was engaged with His internal powers Sati was His internal potency.

Seeing His beloved Wife in fumes, His third eye opened and set everything ablaze. He woke up from His meditation and realised what just happened.

"Sati!!!" Shiva screamed in despair. 

How She was happy about coming to Kailash from Kankhal, but could never return here again.

How assured She was of Her father's intentions. She was so naive and innocent and didn't understand the politics of the world.

How She loved Him and cared for Him.

How He had vowed to protect Her yet failed when She needed Him to be there the most.

He danced for Her.

In pain.

In agony.

In despair.

In anger.

In Tandav.

_____________________________________________

"Lord Vishnu, I surrender to You! Please protect Me

"Lord Vishnu, I surrender to You! Please protect Me. You've vowed to protect My life and My Yagya. Please appear in front of Me."

Lord Vishnu appeared, not because He was ready to face Shiva's wrath, but because He couldn't break His promise.

Daksha fell at His feet. *My Lord, I arranged this Yagya for You. Please save Me from those beings who have been created with the sole purpose of Me."

Daksha, You should not remind Me of purposes, when You yourself arranged this Yagya solely for the purpose of disrespecting Shiva. You've invited His anger by not inviting Him."

Terror flashed in Daksha's eyes. He had to run for His life. He hid behind Lord Vishnu. 

Virbhadra was created by Shiva when He threw a lock of His matted hair on the ground. Fuming with anger and destruction running in His veins. The sole purpose of His creation was the death of Daksha, the one responsible for Sati's pain.

He was the fearsome aspect of Shiva,with a thousand arms holding dreaded weapons. He looked like He was bloodthirsty, and eager to kill Daksha. His complexion was as dark as thunder clouds, His eyes were red with anger and His skin was blazing like fumes.

Lord Vishnu had to oblige to Daksha's plea and He shot an arrow which temporarily binded Virbhadra and slowed Him down for the time being. But Daksha's death was certain and even Lord Vishnu couldn't save Him.

Daksha breathed a sigh of relief seeing that Virbhadra was bound now. "Lord Vishnu, please use Your discus and kill Him. It will end My trouble for once and all."

Lord Vishnu gave Him a look of disapproval to set Him in place. His constant ignorance and orders had annoyed the otherwise gentle and sweet Lord. 

"Daksha, can't You see? Virbhadra is a manifestation of Lord Shiva. And Shiva being a integral part of Me, I cannot face Him or defeat Him. Our powers are a representation of Our Kundalini and if they face each other, it will destroy the world. I cannot let the world get destroyed just to save You for Your arrogant ways. Indeed, Shiva and I are the same Lord, like two flowers of the same tree.  I cannot kill My own form."

Soon, another cloud thundered in the sky. Dogs howled and bad omens signified the advent of great disaster.

Another silhouette, who looked like a magnificent Goddess, came marching forth. She held a scimitar in one hand and a trident in the other. 

Every step of Hers was fuming with anger. Even the greatest soldiers of Daksha retreated in defeat in front of Her. Maharishi Bhrigu's army, who was entrusted with the safekeeping of the Yagya, too had been destroyed.

She broke down the chains binding Virbhadra. 

Virbhadra roared and stomped towards Daksha. Daksha was without no protection now, as even Lord Vishnu disappeared.

Both the figurines were approaching Him fast. They looked like the manifestation of death amidst the dark backdrop.

He ran for dear life and hid Himself in the deepest chambers of His palace. Most people had left. All that remained were His family members who were traumatized beyond death. They couldn't decipher anything or even more or run or hide.

Virbhadra and Bhadrakali chased Daksha back to His castle. Virbhadra kicked open the doors of the palace and marched in, His bloodshot eyes looking all around wildly, searching for Daksha.

They finally located Daksha, and kicked Him down. He was lying at Their feet, pleading for mercy now. Fear engulfed every bit of His soul and He felt more dead than alive.

"Daksha! Don't You recognise Me now? As Your mother, I gave You a boon, and I was born as Your daughter. I'm the same Goddess AdiparaShakti, whom You've insulted and caused such pain. Today, I have not come as Your mother, or daughter, but as Your death. However, You've portrayed the role of My Father and I shall not disrespect You. Out of reverence, I shall spare Your life. Not Me, but Virbhadra will kill You and deliver Your sins."

She flicked Her dishevelled hair back. Lifting Daksha by the foot, She dragged Him outside to the Yagya altar, and threw Him at Virbhadra's feet.

He was at Virbhadra's feet, and Mahadev's mercy.

"Hail Lord Shiva! Please forgive My sins I committed in arrogance. I surrender Myself to You and Your glory. Please have mercy on Me Mahadev! Om Namah Shivaye!"

But Virbhadra paid no heed to His last words.

It was too late for words of mercy.

His sword was raised high in the air.

And slashed right through Daksha's head, where all His arrogance was overflowing. 

His ego was destroyed. His sins were delivered. His head was severed.

His head fell into the sacrificial fire and was burnt to ashes in the same altar where He was pouring offerings for the Yagya a while ago.

And Virbhadra and Bhadrakali disappeared after fulfilling their purpose.

।। ॐ नमः पार्वती पतिये हर हर महादेव ।।
।। ॐ नमः शिवाय ।।