Omkar Digambara

He held Her outstretched hands in His own. They felt harsher than the last time He had touched them.

"Parvati, what happened to Your hands?"

She withdrew Her hands and looked away.
"Oh nothing Swami. It's alright."

He again pulled Her hands back to notice them. "Have they become rough from doing all the work and managing the household?"

Her almond eyes glazed in the reflection of the moonlight. They were seated on a rock by the side of Lake Mansarovar. She denied, "Oh no no Swami, I am fine, don't worry. They are completely normal."

He looked concerned but didn't show any emotion on His face. He immediately summoned all the Ganas and inhabitants of Kailash.

"From now on, all of You shall assist Your Mother in Her work. She has to do everything on Her own and works hard without complaining. It is Your duty to care for Her and be always available in Her service."

Parvati watched Him dreamily with gleaming eyes. An ecstatic feeling enveloped Her as She felt the warmth of His soft embrace on Her shoulder.

She wondered how blessed She was to have Him. When the rest of the beings struggled to have a companion who would understand their words, She had Him who would hear Her without Her having to say saying.

He could understand the silence in Her words, the affirmation in Her negation, and even read Her thoughts out aloud.

She wondered who taught Him about love when He had been a detached recluse previously all His life.

Did His mother or father tell Him about these virtues?

But then, who were His parents? From where did He come?

Where do all such beautiful beings came from? What is their origin? What was His origin?

Breaking the long, profound, heavenly silence, She spoke again.

"Swami?"

His face turned serious and solemn at Her tone.

"Can You please tell Me the story of Your origins?"

_____________________________________________

"Your worship will be as equivalent as Mine. And You shall be My chosen Lord and I shall be Your devotee, with as much reverence as You've surrendered to Me."

Lord Vishnu bowed His head and with a smile and a new aura, left for His Vaikuntha.

"And as for You, I prophecise that You shall not have any place of worship in any of the worlds. And this flower which stands by You as Your hoax witness, shall never be used in My veneration."

The poor flower fell at His feet and asked for forgiveness. "My Lord", she pleaded, "please forgive me. I have no fault. I did as I was told. I really had no intention of disrespecting you."