The Killing Of Raktabeej

She looked so beautiful that Shiva opened His third eye just to look at Her more profoundly.

She was Goddess Shodashi, the Queen of Manidweep. She was the most beautiful in all of the entire Cosmos, and was hence called "Tripura Sundari".

When all the Gods prayed to Her and converged Their powers, She appeared, pleased by their  devotion. She extended Her help in the battle against Shumbh and Nishumbh, the demon brothers.

Chand and Mund, the chiefs of the demons' army, had already started marching towards Kailash, determined to conquer the abode of Shiva.

They had conquered all of the other Lokas, planets, Swarga and Earth. Only Kailash was left. They were told that if they could conquer Kailash, they would be immortal and rule till the end of time.

When the demons' army reached the highest hilltop, they found a beautiful woman seated in meditation. She was so mesmerising that everything around Her seemed to bloom in love. Her grace was magnetic and Her aura was beyond splendorous.

Chand and Mund were attracted to Her beauty and decided to capture Her and take Her to their Kings. Dhumralochan was sent to Shumbh and Nishumbh to inform them about the beautiful woman seated on the mountains who obstructed their path towards Kailash.

"Tell Her to accept to be our wife and live a lavish life. And if She doesn't accept our proposal, drag Her by Her hair and bring Her to us."

The demons now had a new motive and were hellbent on capturing Her instead of the Kailash peak.

But when Dhumralochan returned to the hills, She was nowhere to be seen.

_____________________________________________

"Swami, He had the audacity to send Me a marriage proposal

"Swami, He had the audacity to send Me a marriage proposal. You must teach Him a lesson."

Shiva opened His eyes. He looked at Parvati. Even in Her worry, She looked so innocent and beautiful.

"Parvati, I am sorry but I cannot kill them. They are destined to meet their end at the hands of a woman. This woman is none other than You. And You must fulfil Your duty and deliver evil. My blessings and support are always with You. Go and conquer them!"

Parvati knitted Her eyebrows. "Swami, how can You be so calm when someone is trying to kidnap Your dear Wife? How can I fight such a big army with no other soldiers by My side? I don't know what to do and where to begin." She was full of doubts even though She was the Supreme Goddess.

"Parvati, let go of all Your worries and doubts. Embrace Your divine feminine power. And I am always there to watch over You. Be rest assured. Victory will be yours!"

A loud shriek interrupted Their conversation. Parvati looked outside and found that Dhumralochan had already started to invade Their abode.

She was furious at his indecency. "How dare He step into My home and destroy its peace? He shall have a taste of his own medicine now."