The Magic Of Saawan

Parvati didn't converse through words with Shiva. But He understood what She wanted to say. He read His emotions and answered Her questions in His mind, through telepathy. Such was Their bond that it didn't need any medium to communicate. They were like the sound to the vacuum, and the expression to the experience.

'Parvati, don't worry about My pain. Pain exists only for the physical body, the spiritual body doesn't feel it. Any pain one experiences helps in the removal of karma.'

Parvati could read His mind and wanted to answer Him. 'But Swami, You're beyond karma, so why do You have to experience this pain?'

Shiva had no answer but He only smiled.
The Gods showered flowers and offered water to Shiva to cool Him down. Preparations of medicinal herbs and bhaang leaves were applied to His throat to soothe the pain.

Even Mother Nature joined Them in worshipping Neelkanth. The rain clouds showered rain upon Him, wanting to touch Him and feel His divinity and immerse in His aura.

The Gods performed His abhishek with milk, ghee, curd and other Panchatatvas. Everyone wanted to share His pain and heal Him faster.

Aashutosh, the One who is pleased easily, was so happy with Their efforts that He blessed Them. "Anyone who worships Me with a sincere heart shall have My blessings. And anyone who offers Me water or milk or any other offerings in the holy month of Shravan shall be favoured by Me and My Wife. Shravan, the month of monsoons shall always be revered as My most favourite month and the most auspicious month for spiritual growth, when I Myself descend to visit My devotees."

He was Mahadev. The only One capable of enduring even poison with happiness.

_____________________________________________

One could already start to feel the magic in the month of Shravan

One could already start to feel the magic in the month of Shravan. Everyone was so blissful and the Gods were happy to have obtained the Amrit.

Although Swarbhanu was split as Rahu and Ketu now, He was blessed by Lord Shiva and instructed to be a part of the Navgrahas, the nine planets which contributed in important astrological predictions.

Lord Himavan had invited everyone for a feast at His palace in the Himalayas. It would also serve as a homecoming ceremony for Parvati, who hadn't visited Her parents since a long time.

Parvati helped in preparing the dishes. She loved cooking and serving everyone, because food was a means of happiness for Her. Nutrition was necessary for the body, which is sustained by nature. As Mother Nature, She provided for everyone and everything.

"Mother, all the food has been served and the guests are waiting for You." Nandi asked Her to join Them. Parvati happily obliged and follwed Him to the huge dining hall.

The dining hall was decorated lavishly, with flowers, lights and chandeliers. Grandeur was overflowing from every corner. And the serving tables were lined with food of all kinds. Delicious aroma filled the air and the guests couldn't wait to dig in.

When Parvati entered, She gestured everyone to start eating. She first served everyone a round of the all the food items. Everyone praised Her cooking skills, and it was the best meal they'd ever had in their lives. They were indeed blessed that Maa Aadishakti had fed them Herself.

She was almost going to sit to join Them for the meal, when She noticed that Shiva's plate was empty. "Swami, You finished everything so soon! Let Me serve You more."

More food items were brought in from the kitchen. But surprisingly, Shiva ate and finished them all just within moments of serving them on His plate.

New food items were prepared and served. And Shiva devoured them all.

All the food was over and the kitchen was almost empty. Only a few raw items remained. Ironically, the kitchen of Goddess Annapoorna fell short and couldn't satisfy Shiva's hunger.

Parvati was in a dilemma. She could not eat until Shiva was satisfied. And neither could the other guests. Everyone was confused as to what happened. The Lord who had outgrown hunger, suddenly felt so hungry that He had an infinite and insatiable appetite.

She went into the kitchen and only found a few vessels of milk. She thought of preparing the first item which came to Her mind; kheer, Shiva's favourite.

She added whatever rice and jaggery She had to the milk and quickly cooked the rice pudding. She poured it into a bowl and carried it Herself to Shiva.

She understood His intentions behind this divine play. 'Swami, I understand what You're thinking right now. I know why You're not feeling satisfied yet. But there are so many guests here, I am feeling scared and shy.'

Shiva smiled and winked. 'But Parvati, when the world has been witness to Our eternal and timeless Love, what is the need to hide? You can let go of Your shyness and fear and take Your place as My Wife in public too. It's Your right to sit by My side.'

Parvati listened to Him and sat by His side. Shiva looked at Her and waited for Her to make the first move.

She took some kheer in Her hand and fed Him with Her own fingers.

He returned Her love by feeding Her with His hands from the same bowl.

'Parvati, You should also eat with Me as an equal and join Me for meals together.'

Shiva was finally happy and His hunger had been satisfied.

।। ॐ नमः पार्वती पतिये हर हर महादेव ।। ।। ॐ नमः शिवाय ।।

।। ॐ नमः शिवाय ।।