A Revisit To Kankhal

Upon Parvati's request, Shiva decided to visit Kankhal. She remembered each detail of Her past life as Sati and wanted to visit Her parents again as Parvati. It had been only a few days of Their new life as a married couple.

Kankhal wasn't the previous Kankhal it was when She was here as Princess Sati. She had left it to destruction but today it was a bubbling centre of spirituality.

Fragrance of camphor and incense sticks filled the air. The Couple reached King Daksha's palace.

Parvati met Her sisters from Her previous birth, Khyati, Diti, Aditi, Rohini and others.

"Didi, where are Maa and Baba? I want to seek Their blessings for starting this new journey of marriage."

Her sisters realised that She was still the same innocent Sati deep inside who loved Her parents very much, but with a different body.

Daksha lived a simple and secluded life now. He had given up His responsibilities to His heirs and wanted to stone for His sins as an ascetic. He practised both Vaishnav and Shaivite traditions with sincere dedication and devotion. He had been a staunch Vishnu devotee in His initial life.

An ardent Shiva devotee for years now, He had relocated to Kashi, referred to as Shiva's most favourite city, where He lived in every corner and each atom.

They set out to Kashi to meet Daksha and Prasuti.

_____________________________________________

Daksha felt His face with His palms and tears flowed down His cheeks

Daksha felt His face with His palms and tears flowed down His cheeks. He didn't expect this beautiful gift from His son-in-law. That too during the first formal visit after His marriage.

He fell at His feet and expressed His gratitude, "My Lord, You're ever so merciful and always eager to bestow boons upon Your devotees.  Thank You so much for forgiving Me and returning My head back. I promise You I'll never let ego get into My head again."

Shiva smiled and nodded, "I know Daksha. I know You'd realised Your mistake long ago  and have worshipped Me with full, pure and sincere devotion. I'm very pleased by Your prayers as Your Lord. But as Your son-in-law, I need Your blessings for My marriage. Please bless Us."

He blessed the divine couple and also promised Parvati to be a father figure to Her whenever She needed a guardian. He was finally at peace and had found true closure.

On Their way back to Kailash, Parvati thanked Shiva, "Swami, thank You so much for keeping My request. I feel so content after meeting My parents and now everything feels complete after having Their blessings."

Shiva's eyes widened as He spoke, "Parvati, You don't need to thank Me for this. It is My duty to look after every need and want of Yours. And I know that every new beginning needs the elders' blessings for success and prosperity. They matter to You and so to Me. I'm trying My best to adapt to the traditions and customs of My world."