Mahakaali Is Pacified

She was completely intoxicated by the negativity and the blood She had drunk.

She marched on, trotting and galloping to Her own beat.

The world shook on another rhythm and the earth beneath cracked into crevices.

But She didn't stop. Infact, no one could make Her stop.

She was smashing Her scimitar in the air, imitating the way She severed demon heads a while ago.

She was very fascinated and satisfied by Her victory. She had never felt that way.

She didn't say anything. No one heard Her speech or Her voice. She only roared and thundered.

She wasn't a person of words, only a Goddess of action.

And on She went, destroying everything behind Her.

_____________________________________________

She felt like She stepped on something, or maybe someone

She felt like She stepped on something, or maybe someone. It didn't feel like the usual earth beneath Her feet.

Out of curiosity, She looked below. No one had dared to stop Her or even come Her way.

But here was Someone, who was lying in Her way.

She shrieked and held out Her tongue as She recognised the silhouette.

Matted hair dishevelled all over the ground, hands scattered and face turned to the side.

Her very own Shiva lay under His feet.

She felt so ashamed that guilt burnt Her skin.

She threw the garland of skulls and severed heads and Her scimitar on the ground. She hid Her face in shame and ran away.

She didn't even turn to face Her Husband. As She ran, She slowly transformed back to Parvati. Her rage was calmed and She could finally gain control over Her passionate killing spree.

When She gained Her conscience, She realised what She had done. In a state of intoxication, She had destroyed everything around Her, dancing Her way through impulse and death.

She ran as far as She could, not wanting to face Him again.

She covered Her face and buried Her head in Her palms.

Suddenly She was stopped in Her way when She collided with Someone standing in front of Her.

It was Shiva again.

He had come to help Her.

To protect Her from feeling hurt or guilty.

To keep His vow of being with Her through thick and thin, no matter what.

He held Her hands and brought them down. He cupped Her cheeks and kept His finger below Her chin. He tried to lift Her chin up to look at Her and make eye contact. But She pushed Him away and avoided Him.