Durgamasura Is Delivered

She gently half opened Her eyes in semi consciousness. She looked at the calm creature with eyes full of adoration. She pitied Him and cast a blessing of Her grace upon Him. And quietly went back into meditation just like the perfect Yogini She was.

The lion had been on His usual rounds of hunting when He encountered the cave. He felt a magnetic, divine aura emanating from the inside of the cave.

He was instantly drawn in and when He entered, He immediately felt calmer and peaceful.

He no longer felt the need to hunt for food for He had outgrown His hunger. He felt content and all His desires had been destroyed.

He bowed down and surrendered in front of the Great Power who was meditating in the form of a young mountain maiden.

He gently sat in reverence at the cave entrance and decided to guard the cave and prevent anyone's entry. Neither human, demon nor any wild animals would be allowed in. He would wait for Her to complete Her meditation and ask Her to guide Him further about His life.

He was no more a wild beast of the jungle, but a self realised soul, who although not human, had still embraced Divinity because He surrendered to the Supreme Truth.

He waited patiently for His Mother to open Her eyes again.

_____________________________________________

"Durgam! Face your doom!"

She stabbed the demon with Her trishul. The fearful demon who was not yet conquered or defeated, had finally met his death.

Durgamasura was the king of the demons and had worshipped Lord Brahma for a boon. He asked to be the Master of the Vedas and hid them in the Patala Loka, stealing them from their original owners.

He then expanded his powers and seized the throne of Swarga from Lord Indra and also created havoc on the Earth. The Earth suffered due to terrible droughts and loss of fertility.

Parvati took up the form of Goddess Shakambhari and restored the flora and fauna of the Earth.

And now as Goddess Jagadambika, She was here to punish the perpetrator.

She expanded into many forms and summoned Her army of Warrior Goddesses. They soon defeated the entire army of the demon king.

It was now a one on one battle between the Goddess and the demon.

She hit him with Her quiver of arrows. She shot several arrows, each one obstructing his way from every direction.

She then climbed on Her lion and stabbed Him with Her trishul.

Shiva's trishul was Her special power, and also a reminder of how He was always there with Her, even if not physically, to support Her no matter what, whether in life or on the battlefield.

The Gods were relieved and showered flowers on Her and worshipped Her. They called Her the Great Goddess Durga, the One who is unconquerable and the Goddess who defeated the demon Durgam. The One who is always victorious, and the Supreme Power of the Cosmos.

"Sinharaj, You've done Me a great favour by choosing to be by My side in this battle. From now on, You shall be My most favourite Mount."

She gently patted Her lion who too reciprocated Her love by brushing His soft fur against Her hand.

Now that the battle was over, They decided to return to Kailash.

Shiva had watched everything through His divine vision. Yet He was worried about Her. She left without informing Him about Her decision.

The moment Shiva had told Her about the sufferings of the Earth, She left instantly to protect Her children. And then She didn't return for a long while. She had been meditating in the Vindhya caves for a very long time to expand Her powers and take on the form of Goddess Durga.

He was very proud of Her for how She uplifted Her duties of a Mother, and prioritised Them, even before Her own needs. He was not upset that She had not given time to Her wifely duties for so long.

But now that the battle was over, He longed for Their reunion again.

"Parvati, where were You?"

She smiled and sat next to Him. Her aura spoke of a different confidence and Shiva realised that She had grown and evolved a lot, and was a much better version of Herself now.

She was a living Goddess now who could take up any form as and when She liked, without much effort or penance. She had completely mastered Her austerities and powers. She was the perfect Yogini to the Aadiyogi.

"Swami, as if You didn't know, I was fighting the demon Durgam", She joked with Him.

He pulled Her closer and rested Her head on His shoulder. "I'm so proud of You. You must be tired. You can now rest at Our home."

She looked up and chuckled. "Of course Swami, I can rest here, at Your shoulders. For You're My home."

।। ॐ नमः पार्वती पतिये हर हर महादेव ।। ।। ॐ नमः शिवाय ।।

।। ॐ नमः शिवाय ।।