The Sanjivani Mantra

When the demons were tricked and not provided the elixir of life, their Guru Shukracharya decided to perform penance and seek Lord Shiva's help.

Shukracharya was a great and ardent devotee of the Lord. Even though he performed his duty of being a teacher to the demons, he was never in favour of their evil deeds. But he had to oblige and support them on their side.

He knew that the unbiased Lord would always listen to their problems and find a solution. He was not only the God of the Gods, but also revered by demons and other entities alike.

Pleased by his devotion, Shiva appeared in front of him and granted him His divine blessings.

"My Lord, the demons didn't get their promised share of the Amrit. The Gods are immortal but the demons keep getting defeated and are nearing their death. We are clearly the impoverished side and we don't have much resources left. And no matter what, we cannot even defeat the Gods because of their Immortality. This is unfair and is disturbing the balance in the world. As You know, no good holds significance without evil. Please, Oh Lord of the Universe, have mercy on us and grant us a solution."

Shiva, the omnipresent healer and the best curer, granted him the power of the Maha Sanjivani Mantra. It could bring back the dead alive.

Shukracharya was relieved and thanked the Lord for His help. He left for Patala Loka with the new knowledge of the Sanjivani Mantra.

The demons were happier and the dead ones were received. Their numbers were increasing again and they became as unconquerable as the immortal Gods.

This disturbed the balance yet once again. No war would reach its conclusion as both the sides were undefeated. Only destruction perished and the mortal beings suffered in between the clashes of the stronger forces.

Shiva's infinite mercy also led Him to be called the innocent Lord, Bholenath, who didn't think twice before giving anyone a boon.

And this time, He had to find a new solution to this.

_____________________________________________

He opened his eyes and saw nothing but complete vastness around him

He opened his eyes and saw nothing but complete vastness around him. He was initially scared of the darkness but then he slowly understood where he was.

He closed his eyes and said a quick prayer to his revered deity. He blinked a couple of times and then opened his eyes wide.

He could see a thousand cosmos and multiple universes. Within them, he saw millions of suns and moons and uncountable stars. They revolved around infinite planets and dimensions.

When he focused on one of the cosmos, he could see the galaxies. The galaxies floated in the air and he could see formless beings roaming around.

He fixed his gaze on a specific planet and the planet appeared to zoom in. He felt as if the entire Cosmos was revealing its secrets to him.