Princess Meenakshi's Conquest

"Bheekshaam Dehi!"

An elderly woman approached Vidyavati's doorsteps. She was a noble woman who never turned away any destitutes, and was known for Her charitable nature.

She noticed that almost every villager had turned away this woman. They were hitting Her and pushing Her, telling Her to go away from their place. Forget about giving Her alms, they didn't even give Her comfort and peace.

She immediately went upto the woman who looked frail and weak. She escorted Her inside and served Her food. She even gave Her alms and offerings.

"Amma, can I get a glass of water?" The old woman said in Her mumbling voice.

Vidyavati nodded and went to the kitchen to fetch a tumbler. The moment She came back to the hall, She was astonished to see the sight infront of Her eyes.

A Goddess sat in the place of the old woman. She wore red robes of silk, and was adorned with gold. A magnificent crown was over Her head. And She wore a nose pin and red bindi. In one hand, She held the Varada Mudra and the other hand was in the Abhaya Mudra.

"Vidyavati, I'm so pleased with Your penance and years of devotion. I thus came to meet You personally. I bless You to be born as a Queen in Your next birth, amidst abundance, distinct and different from Your current life as a mere village dweller."

Vidyavati fell to Her knees and tears flowed down Her cheeks. She folded Her hands and kept looking with reverence.

The Goddess continued, "You shall never live a life of drought like You do now. Even though You were struggling Yourself, You still gave alms and hospitality to a woman who needed it. Tell Me, do You wish for any other boon?"

She lowered Her head and spoke, Her voice caught up in between Her tears. "Thank you so much, Mother! Mother, You're the Mother of the Universe. But I wish to be Your Mother. I request You to be born as My Daughter and give me an opportunity to serve and look after You in My next birth."

She smiled and said, "So be it!" She then disappeared.

_____________________________________________

"Oh by the mercy of Lord Rudra! When will She behave as a lady?"

Queen Kanchanmala was looking for Her Daughter everywhere, and found Her practicing sword fighting in the chambers of the artillery. She was in Her practice robes, sweating profusely and tired to the core.

But She didn't give up. She could not, for She was the heir to the throne. She must prove Herself and expand the kingdom and legacy of Her father.

When King Malayadhwajan and His Wife, Queen Kanchanmala could not have children for years, They performed a fire sacrifice. Little Meenakshi, the one with eyes like a fish, emerged from the fire as a three year old.

However, the King wasn't pleased with the outcome of the yagya. He had wanted a son. But He accepted Meenakshi as His own daughter without any hesitation.