A Visit To The 51 Cities

Human emotions are so wholesome, precious and beautiful. Even in their raw, real and rare form, they are revered and embraced. And their purest form of display is through tears.

Parvati was so moved at Shiva's understanding qualities and ability to forgive and forget everything. He was indeed the sweet, innocent Lord who takes a thousand steps towards you when you take just one step towards Him and never leaves your side.

"Swami, how are You so forgiving? You forgot everything and are trying to make Me feel comfortable. You love Me so much. What is the reason for Your infinite love?"

Shiva saw that Her eyes were moist and She was keeping Herself from tearing up again. "Parvati, there is no reason in love because it's unconditional. When there is reason and cause and condition, it loses its essence and truth. One can never be angry at someone they love. We always end up forgiving them no matter what, because love is a symbol of acceptance and kindness. Love binds the world and keeps it alive and flourishing."

It was such a crucial and sensitive moment that it felt like walking on eggshells. He had to take care of every fragile feeling and avoided anything which could sound rude or hurtful.

They were on a trip to several cities and Shiva had just the perfect plan to make Her feel happy again. 

"Swami, which is this place? This place feels so divine and familiar." They stopped at a magnificent temple after travelling long distances.

They were greeted by a divine entity at the doorstep of the temple. He bowed His head in reverence and escorted Them inside.

"Please accept My greetings My Lord! Welcome to the temple of Goddess Jwala Devi, revered as the Navdurgas here." They were amongst the huge hill ranges, and Lord Bhairava guarded the temple entrance.

A huge Shree Yantra encircled the temple, signifying the union of ShivaShakti and the creation of the cosmic universe.

"Parvati, as Sati in Your previous birth, You once expressed Your wish to visit 51 special places. This is one of those sacred places, where a shrine has been built and revered as Your Shaktk Peeth. Sati's tongue fell here when Her body was dissolved."

Parvati was overjoyed when She found out His intentions. He had put so much thought into surprising Her and had even cared to fulfil all Her desires from Her previous birth, which even She had forgotten and not mentioned about.

They went inside the temple and took Their place in the presiding deities' idols. 

_____________________________________________

"Mother,  You destroy all illusions which stand in the way of purity and truth, and restore pure, true love

"Mother,  You destroy all illusions which stand in the way of purity and truth, and restore pure, true love. The Destroyer of sins, the Oee who wears a garland of hibiscus flowers, Whose footsteps are auspicious and pious and Her advent marks the end of evil." 

The God's recited hymns in sync to express Their gratitude to the Supreme Goddess for helping Them and protecting Them.

"Grant us a place at Your Lotus Feet, the Mother of the Universe, Who is ever ready to defend Her devotees and bless them. Oh Jagadamba, Bhawani, Bhagvati, Mother! Please have mercy on Us!"