³⁴: in the kitchen

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

Wonwoo sighed nervously upon finally locating a head of perfectly blown out vibrant red hair amidst all the mayhem going on.

While Jeonghan was definitely born to throw parties, Junhui's money knew how to rival that very well indeed.

How does someone even get this rich just being a dancer?

"I found you." He said warmly, placing a hand softly on Minghao's arm.

"Me? Are you wanting help finding Mingyu?"

Wonwoo cleared his throat.

"Ah, no actually. I was just looking for you."

"Do you need me for something?"

"Yes. Can you come for a few minutes?"

The younger paused, evidently surprised.

"I'm not hanging with anybody right now so uh... sure?"

"Cool."

Before he could overthink it, Wonwoo reached out to take hold of one of Minghao's delicate wrists; his fingers latching around it as he gently tugged the man back in the direction he'd just come from.

Minghao was too flustered to protest.

When they arrived at an entrance to the kitchen, Minghao murmured a couple of words incoherently, before asking why he was there.

"Jeonghan wanted to talk to you."

And so Minghao went in, curious as to why Jeonghan didn't go and retrieve him himself if he wanted to talk to him so badly.

Curious as to why Wonwoo didn't follow after him and why Mingyu left the kitchen to join Wonwoo as soon as he entered.

Jeonghan smiled at him softly and he wanted to die.

"Hey."

"Hey."

Jeonghan was faking calm.

Minghao was breathless and he wasn't sure why.

"How are you finding the party? Junhui's house is huge, it certainly makes for a good hosting ground."

"Mm, it's been fun. Your hair looks nice by the way."

Jeonghan froze ever so slightly at the compliment, not expecting the conversation to have gone even remotely in that direction without his guidance first.

"Thanks, Hao."

"You're not going to compliment my hair?" The younger pouted jokingly, still slightly unaware of the tension that had begun to accumulate like a cloud of smoke between them.

Jeonghan leaned forward slightly from where he sat on one of the bench tops, resting his hands on his knees.

As Minghao stood directly in front of them, this action brought them a lot closer together; daringly so.