⁶³: always an angel

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

Among jealousy, confusion and the many other conflicting emotions that were swirling around a certain campsite, one figure stood in a puddle of anxiety.

Choi Seungcheol was waiting anxiously for the person he had messaged to meet him at the lake.

"No reason to be nervous. No reason." He kept muttering to himself, but to no avail.

He could probably wet himself - were he five years old, rather than almost thirty. However, he figured it would be rather unpleasant and he'd prefer to avoid it.

Yes, Choi Seungcheol thought about every possible thing that could go wrong when he was anxious.

"Oh? It's just us two? What did you need me for, Cheol?"

There he was.

"Hey, Seok..." He began, his voice dying in his throat at the way the sunlight reflected off of the man's skin so perfectly he didn't even look human.

Although he really was seconds away from disaster out of pure nerves, he could still take a moment to admire the other's beauty.

"Do you need to tell me something?"

His voice was so gentle, Seuncgcheol could have cried.

"Yes," He finally managed to mutter, "Yes I do."

"I'm all ears."

"I... I really like you, Seokmin. And I really want to be with you, as your partner. I want to take you on dates and kiss you and tell you you're beautiful. But you know this very well already and I know I'm not quite up there for that job in your life. I just... I guess I wanted to say it out loud, so I can try and make peace with my feelings."

"Oh Cheol... I figured this conversation might come up some day."

Seokmin frowned worriedly, evidently treading as lightly as possible so as to not provoke any conclusion jumping.

"I like you, I do. And yes, it's in the same way that you like me. But... you're not the only person I like actually..."

"I'm... you like me?? You like me b- hold on... who?? Who else??"

The two of them failed to hear a slight gasp from a nearby bush; while also missing said bush rustle a little too aggressively given the lack of breeze around.

"You... you promise you won't tell him?"

"Of course I wouldn't, Seok. I might be jealous, but I'm not immature and I would never do anything to intentionally hurt or upset you."

The latter hesitated, before inhaling deeply.

"It's... Jihoon."

"I see."

Neither of them heard the bush exclaim in hushed tones...

"Holy fucking shit, it's a goddamn triangle."

•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*'¨'*•.¸¸.•*

🌸

so it's 4:44 rn and fun fact apparently the sun rises at 4;15 in summer now that's wild ain't it

n e ways... i'm the bush (spiritually)