I hate this already

Cyrus

  I hurl my suitcase over the rough concrete. I try to put my anger into it,maybe break it and some other stuff. But good Lord,I'm exhausted. I had to pack up all the stuff from my apartment- my old apartment sorry. I'm moving. In with Mr-stuck-up.
I had to put everything on short notice into like zero point one boxes and  make sure they're all arranged. Because that satanic spawn said and I quote- "make sure you don't have more than five boxes. Tops. My apartment doesn't have the space for your clutter,got it?"then he hung up on me. Gosh I hate him. An hour later he decided to really push it with my patience,a text that read- you have two days then I'll pick you and everything up- I have a busy schedule and I won't be moving my projects around for you. What's with the attitude? I haven't even spoken to him yet and he's already hissing around me like some sort of pregnant anaconda.
Two days later after struggling to work around work,schools AND moving- I finally managed everything. Then I waited for him patiently. For two whole hours and it was raining. No that's not the right word,pouring is. After all that time,still no texts back,no calls back from the FIFTEEN calls I made to him.
I had to hire a taxi and his tiny little car to make three trips to Aaron's apartment complex. Only for him to cost me a hefty fee after. Rightfully so because it was raining cats and fat dogs,but that doesn't mean it didn't dent my sad little broke college student bank account. I did all this without any coffee in my system. Its four thirty in the afternoon still no coffee. Still no texts back from thorn in my rear.
I keep hurling my wheeled suitcase over the extremely rough path to face up at Aaron's apartment complex. It's a towering skyscraper,surrounded by what looks like regularly cleaned window panes,and- Oh my good lord is that a lobby?!? What the hell do you need a lobby for? Or have been living in a lacking one all this time?
I look down at the damp clothes that I'm wearing. Forget that they're damp,they aren't suitable to be compared to the designer clothes these people are walking out with. Is this a fashion show or the normal everyday city? All I'm wearing is my faded blue jeans,my cargo jacket and a grey shirt so old the logo is cracked and peeling off.
Well,it's not like I can strip down right here and change into whatever better clothes I have in my suitcase.
I take a deep breath and make strides to the counter in the lobby. Instantly I get that ringing feeling of me not belonging here,I walk up the smiling woman whose smile doesn't flatter when I show up. "Looks like you got caught in the storm,huh?"my heart warms up a little hearing her drawl,like a little hope that I might be safe.
"Yep,I did. I was just wondering if someone get into one of the apartments without they're keys? I think I lost mine."I wipe off the incoming droplets of water that got caught in my afro. Now it's shrunk a good measure. She smiles again,
"Did you? Or did the owner not show up?"humour laces her tone and I stand straighter with confusion. Not that she cares though,she pulls out a black card from under her desk with a golden dove logo on it. I take it and nearly gasp, 'VIP SUITE?!?' I scream internally, "We know who you are Cyrus. Aaron Brown let us know all about you. Hard to miss with those cute freckles of yours mister."my face wastes no time getting hot,I scratch the back of my neck and wonder how old she is- then it hits me like a truck. An annoying little voice in my head yelling: You're due to be married next week- This is NO time to be getting your bachelor on.
I press my lips into a hard line and take the key card. "I'll se you around..."
She smiles and points to her name tag on her bright red uniform, "Preeti,one of the head managers around here."
"Nice name,suits you."
___________
I walk into the apartment,after having to carry the boxes into the living room. I finally stop to look around the place,the huge window with the awesome view of the entire city,pristine white marble tiles. A huge L couch the size of my entire old place- the kitchen with a wrap around counter and an island. A stunning amount of light provided by the beautiful retro vintage lamps over head. A shelves around all filled with books,none of which are novels- just autobiographies and self help stuff. Does he indulge in self torture? I ask myself picking one up and placing it back down. I look down into hallway and open the first door,
"Wow"I whisper into the room,it's perfect. But obviously not mine considering that pain in my butt's belongings are littered around. Nope that's not the right word,organised is. He is so a  control freak. Perfectly spread bed,a bed side lamp and all black and grey colour scheme. How in the world am I gonna live here? With the way I'm messy he'll kick me out before our wedding even happens. I keep looking around only for my eyes to catch on a picture frame on his desk.  A woman- I barely get to have a better look when the door opens.
My breath hitches,I turn around slow. Not ready to face the reality of what this probably looks like to Aaron. Who else could be burning holes into my back I can feel without even looking at his eyes. I turn around to find Aaron's annoyingly taller than me figure glowering at me with his amber eyes,