The arcade

This was an extremely sweet chapter to write,but notice how Cyrus says like instead of love? He's still a little nervous and not all the way there. Just putting it out there <3

Aaron

I check my watch- 5:46 pm,fourteen more minutes before I get to go home. Don't these bastards know I have a son and husband waiting for me to get back. I mean that's if Cyrus got back from class already. Either way I need to go home-
I walk into my office and the chair I left turned towards the door is facing the sky line window,someone's in my chair. Amy,my assistant notices this too and becomes catious as we approach,"Sir should I call security-"the chair turns around abruptly and Amy screams and jumps behind me,I'm left face to face with- My husband?
"Cyrus? What are you doing- how did you get up here security is really tight you know?"he continues to to sit on my chair like he's the one who has right to this office,
"I just told them you were my husband and they let me in."he gets up and strolls towards me,.looks like I need to tighten security to tell me when my husband's making a break in,"Sorry for scaring you Aaron's assistant."he offers a small smile to her before turning back to me. I take my opportunity and hug him. As I do he whispers in my ear,"There's no one here Aaron."
"I know,I just want to hug you."I start rubbing his back and I feel him flinch under my touch,I have no intention of stopping so I keep going but gentler until I get the feeling that he's completely relaxed in my arms.
"You can let go of me now that you've gotten your fix."I chuckle and let go of him.
"So why are you here?"
"You forgot already? You promised to take me to the arcade today."he supplies. I did? I try to remember when I said that by digging into my memory,"You don't remember?"he says and I shake my head vigorously,
"No,no,I do... I do? Ah,we were supposed to go right now right?"he makes a face at this and I offer him a smile. "Let me get off-"
"Sir you're supposed to go to team dinner tonight-"
"Tell them I won't be there. I'm busy."I wave my finger dismissively at her and she isn't quite happy looking,
"Oh? It's okay if you have something else."
"What? No,I promised my husband I'd take him to an arcade today so I can't have anything else to do."I smile even though I don't remember saying that I'd take him there. But if he says I did then I did,

Cyrus

Did I lie about Aaron telling me he'd take me to the arcade? Yes. What? You want me to ask him out myself? No way.
Besides,I thought he would tell me I'm lying but instead he just smiled and said we were going to go cancelling all he was going to do before that. He really has changed...
"Are you almost done?"I call from the outside of Aaron's bedroom where I assume he's getting ready to go. I already had my outfit planned out- a black shirt and one of those waterfall sweaters that Aaron bought for me. It's a nice sweater though,white all around and purple on the edges,the big buttons are cute too. My pants fit well with my clothes too.
"Yeah... give me a minute."he replies,
I continue waiting and I wonder if he'll notice that I'm wearing the perfume he bought me. Yeah yeah,sue if you want but something came over me and I just couldn't help but put some on. That and wearing the necklace he got as well. I was going to carry the bag too but I don't want to over do it.
The door opens and he emerges. My heart starts pounding when he comes out in a pair of jeans and a hoodie. I mean yeah it's just that but like always it becomes a fashion statement on him. His long- no,I'm not going to say muscular legs fit like they were custom made for these jeans. The outline of his broad shoulder his clear even though he's in a hoodie,"Okay,I'm ready."I really didn't expect him to wear a hoodie. Heck I didn't even know he owned one,and he lord help me he looks hot.
I remind myself of why I'm doing this. I have to remain focused no matter what.
"Uh.. forgive me but why- I mean what's the wanted outcome of this trip?"he asks,
"Ah- because I don't have any pictures of you so I want to get some in the arcade back drop,that's why you promised me."I'm making up a bunch of nonsense but what does it matter? He's definitely suspicious of this he's just not asking. Aaron isn't an air head.
Forget that,time for experiment number one: Do you feel something when you hold his hand?
I stand beside him and interlock my fingers between his own,he looks down and back at me like he doesn't really understand,
"Oh? You're afraid of the dark,right?"he teases and I twist my face with disapproval,"Alright enough with the jokes let's go."he locks his fingers with mine with a cool ease. My heart pounds,at the warmth of his palm and how his hand cups mine fully like a blanket or something.
No,it can't be. I just don't feel used to holding his hand like this.