I can't believe you

Cyrus

I walk into our apartment with such force you'd think I was the FBI. I might as well be because I have a real criminal in my hands. I stare at his flat expression as he sits on the couch,the air around him is calm it pisses me off because how can he be calm when my head is about to explode right now? How? Its not fair and I'm about to make the score even.
With a panting breath I ask,"Are you not even going to say hello to me?"he lifts a single glance before he heads right back to his computer,
"Hello Cyrus,did you have a nice time at the park? I hope you did. I'll greet you more formally when I finish this paper."he says with an apathetic tone,I want to throw these flowers on his face,I don't,I keep calm. At least for now,I'm a ticking time bomb and I'm not waiting to go off,I'm going off.
"We need to talk."he sighs as I sit down but doesn't look away from his laptop,
"I'm busy,right now."
"Like hell you are."I sneer and shut his screen,he makes an exasperated face but quickly ices it over like he normally does,
"You could've just said it was urgent."he supplies with a fake smile,
"I did. And you kept saying I'm busy,like the jerk you are. Although I doubt you know about common decency."I remark and he looks at me like he's tasted something sour,
"Cyrus,is there a problem? We were fine just this morning."he groans,
"Oh we were? Well then-"a buzzing stops me in my tracks,I look over and its his phone,the caller ID is none other than Mr Brown. I look back to him and with pursed lips he says,
"I have to take this if you can't see."he gets up and takes the call. I don't listen in to his muffled tones and hushed words,at least I try not to. All their talking about is Paris and whether or not we're going to the Masquerade ball. He comes back and my fuse is already tired so with a calm voice I ask him,
"Why did you send me all those things,"
"Cyrus,I can remotely follow what you're saying."
"I mean why did you send me all those gifts? Don't play dumb Preeti has already told me everything."he sucks in a breath and falls back into the chair,I can literally hear the gears in his brain turning,probably finding something to say. I hate the fact that he can't even pretend to be shocked,"Why couldn't you just give them to me?"
"Would you ever accept a gift that you know is from me? Be honest."he's right,I wouldn't but its totally logical. We're enemies,long standing rivals. We can't accept gifts from each other,no matter how you put it. I leave his question unanswered,
"Aaron,why did you do it? Why did you lie?"I'm getting angry again,so is he,"it was so you could get back at me right?"he tilts his head searching my face with narrowed eyes,
"What did you just say?"
"You made up this secret admirer thing after Paris. In Paris you found out I had heard you're speech so you were embarrassed. You did this to get back at me and mess with my head-"
"Cyrus do you hear yourself right now?"
"I do. And this seems perfectly logical to me. You did all this because you hate me and you wanted to get back at me,didn't you?"
"Cyrus-"
"Why else! You knew I was scared,you knew I wanted to call the police but you said you would handle it because you wanted to lie to me. You wanted to see me having a hard time. That's why you did your whole flirting gig as well,to mess with me? Isn't it Aaron?"he looks to exasperated and shocked,did no one tell him it was too late to pretend? "Are you not going to say anything now that you've been caught?"
"The only one whose been caught is you. Good to know you think I'm just that messed up of an individual and that you weren't told any of that you just made it up. Because you don't like me- no you hate me."we're yelling at each other and it feels different now. Because there seems to be more on the line,all those moments we spent together not wanting to rip each other's throats out is coming back to me.
"Then why did you do it Aaron? Is there another reason you could do this,pray tell."every word is laced with conviction,like we're back where we started back to not having a middle ground. But if he can just tell me why he did it,then maybe we can be okay,maybe this can all be in the past. But he doesn't.
He doesn't say anything to me as he stares. It's enough of an answer for me,although I wish it wasn't,
"You douch bag."I hiss at him,
"If I really am what you say then explain the flowers before Paris?"
"Not you giving me more reasons to accuse you- you did that to embarrass me. You did that so people can call me a cheater. Didn't you?"
"So in your mind,there's nothing else that can mean?"
"Can you stop trying to clear your name! I'm trying to give you a floor to say sorry but you're just digging a grave for yourself!"
"A floor? Please Cyrus you came in here and started yelling at me."
"What else was I supposed to do with you? How else was I supposed to react to this? To smile? To laugh at you torturing me? Looks like you have no idea what people think about me-" I'm not going to cry,I'm not gonna cry infront of this monster,
"You know what? Thank you giving me your answers,thank you for telling me you think I'm terrible person,who isn't capable of anything else. It means a lot."he grabs his phone and his laptop with him walks to his bedroom door and slams it shut. I'm left alone in the sitting room,I breath in deeply and when I let up I'm crying.
He told me to trust him and when I finally did he threw it back in my face and laughed.