8) Listening In

"No. We are not using the advanced computer to look up the rules of Uno,"I repeated.

"But there's no way she's following them,"Frypan argued.

"We barely managed to get the coordinates for the city. We are not starting a new, unnecessary mission so you can see if Teresa fairly destroyed your ego in Uno,"I said firmly.

"My ego is not destroyed,"He defended.

"No. It's absolutely demolished. Now do not use the computer for that, and stop asking me this types of questions. I am not here to play babysitter for someone my age."

"No. You came back for your dumb, shank, lover boy over there,"He rebutted, pointing at Aris talking to Sonya and Harriet in a corner. I just threw the pack of cards a him and smiled in satisfaction when they successfully bonked him on the head. "What was that for?"He asked in disbelief.

"Only I get to insult him,"I shrugged.

"Y'all are a weird couple,"He mumbled.

"Okay. Is that supposed to bother me? I mean, that was made clear quite a few chapters ago."

"With the broken nose, the building shoving, the drugged make outs, or is there more?"

I rolled my eyes at his antics. Besides, there's obviously way more, but we don't plan on sharing what anytime soon.

"Get a life so you're out of mine or get a girlfriend so your no longer commenting on my relationship. Doesn't that sound like a great idea?"I suggested, going back to my wood carving.

"What's that?"He interrogated.

"None of your business so don't bother looking at it,"I instructed, working at the first letter.

"Is it a gift?"He asked.

"I am going to find more stuff to throw at you if you don't quit,"I warned.

"Now you won't,"He pushed.

I sighed before looking through my bag. He accepted defeat and left. The best part of that is that the bag is practically empty of things I could throw at him. Light items are no good, pocket knives could kill him, and the food is not to be wasted. It was fun while he thought I would though.

"Hi,"Teresa greeted, awkwardly standing there.

"Hey Teresa,"I replied before focusing on the carving. After she didn't leave I put it up and patted the chair next to me.

"What's up?"I asked as she joined me.

"So Aris, you actually forgave him?"She asked quietly.

"Yeah."

"How?"

"Are you asking because of Thomas?"I gently questioned. She just nodded her head.

"Well, I don't know. I guess having to leave and then staying away for so long made me realize how much I need him. For the first time I felt love, and I wasn't going to throw that away. Especially, when I knew the reason he did what he did. Being willing to lose somebody to save them tells me everything to know about him."

"What is that?"

"That I can count on him to give me everything I need, and all I need is him. As for Thomas, he loves you. He hasn't forgiven you, but he loves you."

"Is that enough?"

"It was enough for me, wasn't it?"

"Okay. Well, thank you. That's all I wanted,"She explained, standing up.

"Of course. I'm here if you need me,"I promised.

Aris's P.O.V

I had been sitting with Sonya and Harriet for a majority of the day, and so far it was nice to just talk to my friends. I had missed them. Still, after a while I got thirsty.

"I'll be back in a minute,"I explained, standing up and going to get some water from the sink. As I was getting a cup I stopped when I heard Y/N.

"What's up?"She asked. I couldn't help but smile at the sound of her voice.

"So Aris, you actually forgave him?"Teresa inquired.

I know this is probably a very private conversation that I shouldn't listen to, and I debated walking away or giving them a sign I was here. At the same time I had been wondering that for so long. Just because she loves me does that mean she forgave me? I need to know.

"Yeah,"She told her. I held back a sigh of relief. I knew what she sounded like when she was lying. It doesn't matter if she's good at it. I know her better than I know myself.

"How?"

Now that I knew the answer it was ethically right to leave. Then again, it would keep me up at night if I didn't know her response.

"Well, I don't know. I guess having to leave then staying away for so long made me realize how much I need him. For the first time I felt love, and I wasn't going to throw that away. Especially, when I knew the reason he did what he did. Being willing to lose somebody to save them tells me everything I need to know about him."

"What is that?"

"That I can count on him to give me everything I need, and all I need is him. As for Thomas, he loves you. He hasn't forgiven you, but he loves you."

"Is that enough?"

"It was enough for me, wasn't it?"

"Okay, well thank you. That's all I wanted,"She explained, going to leave.

"Of course. I'm here if you need me."

For a second her words didn't feel real. She loves me. She didn't directly say it, but that was one of the closest times she's come to doing so, and I love her. How couldn't I?

I think the best part about what I heard is that she has no idea that I listened in. She had every chance there was to say she could never forgive me, but she did the opposite. She loves me, and she needs me.

It's a good thing too because I definitely need her.