13) Not Just a Word

As promised the next day we were talking to Gally. Together, we came up with a plan that should go through without a problem. He'll meet us outside the city. From there, he'll check the papers. If there's any errors he'll fix them. Then, we'll walk into the city. If for some reason sometimes goes wrong with mine I'll simply say that I'm immune since people don't like them. If that doesn't work we make a break for it.

We also had entirely new identities. New back stories, new names, and new everything. Now Sonya was Katherine, Harriet was Nathalie, Teresa was Kaya, Frypan was Dexter, Aris was Jacob, and I was Y/F/N. They were easy enough and weren't too common which was exactly what we were going for. Blending in was the only way to not end up back at WICKED.

"Okay. I should see you in about a day. Don't get caught,"Gally repeated.

"Oh, darn. There goes the plan,"Frypan sighed.

"You're not funny,"Harriet deadpanned.

"To you,"He corrected.

"To anyone."

"You're probably gonna wanna go. This might be going on for a while,"I informed Gally. He did so without hesitation. To be fair I would also hang up on my friend if he spent his free time bickering with people.

"This doesn't amuse you just a little bit?"

"No, Aris. It doesn't."

"Not the tiniest bit? Not just a small amount? Like this much?"He repeated, holding his finger closer together.

"No. I find him as entertaining as I find you mentally stable."

"Hey. I am perfectly stable,"He defended.

"Do you really want to lie to yourself?"

"You're so mean to someone you claim to love,"He dramatically sighed. To be fair, just about everything he does is dramatic.

"And yet you still want to be around me,"I pointed out.

"Yeah. Until the world stops spinning."

"I mean one day the sun will explode, and it will. We'll be dead by then though,"I shrugged.

"The sun is going to do what?"He asked in horror.

"It's going to explode. You know? No more light, no more stability in the solar system, and no more heat. Just death."

"You ruined my nice metaphor with that. I was trying to woo you,"He complained.

"Ah, yes. Because I am totally someone who would swoon,"I deadpanned.

"For me, you would,"He shrugged.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you need to tell yourself,"I waved him off.

"How many times do you plan on trying to get under my skin?"He sighed.

"I would never,"I denied, looking up at him. He just gave me a half smile as I leaned against his chest. Without a word he took my hand in his and kissed the back of it.

"You would, and I accept it every time,"He whispered, tracing the lines on my palm. I just felt so safe with him, so comfortable, that I could sleep right here.

"Are you tired?"He guessed.

"No. Just relaxed,"I mumbled.

"Get some sleep then,"He suggested. As nice as that sounded I knew the only reason my eyes wanted to shut was because I was with him.

"No. I'm going to walk around. I'll see you in a bit,"I explained, pressing a small kiss to his cheek before standing up. Picking up my bag and swinging it over my shoulder, I went to somewhere. I'm sure I'd find a quiet place eventually. With the size of this place and the small amount of people it'd be strange if I didn't.