12) Good Decisions

Aris's P.O.V

With a dramatic sigh I walked into the next room. I don't actually know what could work, but I'd find something. If she wanted them covered she wanted them covered.

I wasn't kidding though when I said I would have shown ones from her off, and I will the first opportunity I get. I wasn't separated from her just to never give a sign of her being my girl when she came back. Somehow, someway, she's here. Not only that, but she's here for me. If that doesn't show she loves me nothing ever would. Sure. It'd be great to hear her say it outright, but her actions mean so much more.

"What's your deal?"Harriet asked as I glanced around for anything at all.

"Nothing,"I shrugged. After a moment I spotted her scarf. On one hand it would work, but on the other hand it'd probably seem suspicious if she started walking around with a scarf.

"You sure? You walked in here all gloomy,"She pointed out.

"Yeah. I just like being dramatic."

"We know,"She nodded as I kept looking.

That's when it hit me. There was something I had that would work out for both of us. Y/N gets the marks covered but still has a small sign of being my girl. It's like killing two birds with one stone. Minus the killing part though.

Without a word I headed back to her. Like last time her full focus was on a carving. I just stood there for a moment and watched the way she made it look effortless. The knife slid over the wood so easily you could barely tell she was working with something meant to hold things together. Little strands of her hair were sticking out in random places. From the distance I could truly focus on the little things about her. With the setting sun seeming to illuminate her angelic face, I could see the Y/E/C so much better.

I haven't seen much of it, but I still know she's like an older work of art. Rough around the edges until you look just a little longer. That's when the beauty and meaning comes to light. Once you figure it out you can truly fall in love with the masterpiece.

In this case I truly fell in love with her.

She must have sensed my gaze because she glanced up. I just smiled before sitting next to her.

"Did you find something?"She asked.

"Yeah,"I shrugged, admiring them. She turned red as she went to cover them. Before she could I grabbed her hand.

"It's nice that you like staring at the problem you created, but can you fix it?"She practically begged.

"Just close your eyes."

"Aris-"
"I'm building suspense. I promise it's worth it."

"Fine,"She huffed, doing as I said. Without a word I pulled my jacket off and placed it over her shoulders. She didn't even seem to think as she wrapped it around her.

"And open."

Once again doing as I said she looked at it to see it was mine. She stared at anything but me as she pulled it all the way on and zipped it up, practically burrying herself in the fabric.

"I can see you blushing,"I lied, pulling the hood down. As expected I was right as her face was a light pink. She frantically put it back up while still not looking at me.