RPF) Tweets (C.B.)

Tweets (Colby Brock X Actor! Reader)

Fandom: RPF/Sam and Colby & Co.

Requested: Yee

Warnings: none

Summary: An unearthed tweet leads to shocking revelations (with a best friend's intervention).

W.C. 1087

 1087

~~

It all started with a resurfaced tweet from 2015...

I can't say it was a lie, but it was before my big break, and I didn't have a manager running my social media accounts 24/7

I can't say it was a lie, but it was before my big break, and I didn't have a manager running my social media accounts 24/7. I was just a normal teenager on Vine with time to kill. And now, I thought it was coming back to haunt me, pun intended.

That was until I received a DM from Colby himself asking me to be a part of their yearly tradition, Hell Week. At first, I was starstruck, but I would have been crazy to decline.

So that's where we are now: preparing for the Conjuring House. A place of extremes. A place I told myself I would never go to because of how insane it is, yet here I am. And, of course, it's going to be for a week.

I was invited to Sam and Colby's place to go over the specifics of the trip. I had just finished filming my latest movie, which was coincidentally being filmed in Las Vegas, so as soon as my scenes were wrapped up, I set off for their house.

By the time I got there, everyone else who was invited was already there. At least, I assumed with the number of cars in the driveway. I was still in stage make-up, but thankfully, I had changed into something more comfortable before I left the set. I grabbed my backpack before jumping out of my car, locking it, and walking up to the door, ringing the doorbell.

Almost immediately, the door is being opened, and I am face to face with Colby. After a beat of us just staring, speechless, at each other, I cleared my throat. I chuckled nervously before saying, "Hi, apologies for being late. Filming ran a little longer than I originally planned. I hope I didn't hold you all up too long."

"Nah, don't even worry about it," he dismissed quickly as he stepped aside and ushered me inside. "Come in, and I'll show you where you can put your stuff. You're staying and going with Sam, Seth, and me to Rhode Island, right?"

"If that's still alright with you guys," I replied, walking in step with Colby up the stairs. "I don't want to impose on your personal spaces. I can go home, just say the word."

"I would never kick you out," he laughed, leading me down the hall and stopping just before the end. "Here is your room. There is a bathroom attached. It's right next to the closet, and if you need anything, my room is right there." He paused as he pointed to the room at the very end of the hall. "I don't care if it's the middle of the night. If you need anything, let me know."

"I'll feel bad if it's the middle of the night, but I will keep that in mind. Thank you," I replied as I walked in to set my bag down on the vanity. "I'm just going to take my make-up off and meet you guys downstairs if that's alright."

"No problem," he said, "We'll be in the living room and we'll either order food later or go out. We'll see how everyone feels."

"Ok, cool, thank you!" I said enthusiastically as he left down the hall. I closed the door over as I walked deeper into the room. I grabbed out my micellar water, cotton pads, and hydrater before walking into the ensuite to clean my face. As I set them on the counter, I noticed a piece of paper.

It was a printed screenshot of Twitter. A specific tweet from Colby in 2016 read, "Give me a chance y/n." The back of the paper had its own handwritten note.

"You have been Colby's celebrity crush for years. I know you posted a tweet in 2015 asking if he was single, and I don't know if it was a joke or not. I didn't show him the tweet, but I can say he's single now if that tweet is still true. Please just get him to shut up. -Sam"

I chuckled at the note before quickly cleaning my face to head downstairs. Everyone was sitting on the couch or on the floor facing the TV. Everyone except Colby. I glanced around the room, trying to find him, only to see him standing in the kitchen. He was looking through the fridge, so I walked up behind him.

"Can you hand me a water?" I asked, startling him in the process. He jumped up straight, sucking in a quick breath as he snapped around to look at me. "Did I scare you or is that residual energy from the Conjuring House?"

"No, I just..." he trailed off for a second. "Yeah. I wasn't expecting you down here just yet."

"Kinda like how you didn't expect me to see this?" I teased as I pulled the paper out from behind my back. Colby's eyes grew wide as his jaw dropped. He stammered, trying to come up with a reason behind it, but he could not get a cohesive thought out. "Don't worry. I'd give you a chance."

Colby stopped entirely. I could see the gears turning in his mind before he closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. He opened his eyes, immediately meeting mine as he reached out to take the paper from my hands, setting it on the counter. He held my hands in his as he closed the distance between us.

"Y/n, will you go out with me?" Colby whispered as he bit his lip in nervousness.

"Of course, I will," I whispered back as a smile spread across both of our faces.

"How about after this meeting we get out of here and do mini golf and dinner?" He offered, leaning his head down to rest our foreheads together.

"I will take you down," I laughed as I leaned more into his body. "Truth be told, I'm great at mini golf."

"Okay, lovebirds, we get it," Sam interrupted from the living room. "We get it."

"Shush, Sam," I quipped back as I snapped my head to look at the group on the couch, still holding Colby's hands. "You're the one that left the note in my bathroom."

"Wait, there's a note?!" Colby shouted as he immediately let go of one of my hands to flip the paper over, reading through the note. "Sam, I told you this in confidence!"

~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Please vote, comment, or, heck, share it if you want. For legal reasons, I am required to state that I did NOT make the gif. If you crave more content like this, be sure to follow me on Wattpad, my Tumblr, and/or my AO3 all under the username of @BAD268. I am more likely to see requests sent through Tumblr, but any request is still appreciated. That's all for now, Lads. Thanks for being a part of my Academy.

Till next time,

BAD268