RPF) Because of You (S.M.)

Because of You (Sebastian Montoya X Reader)

Fandom: RPF/Formula 2/3

Requested: Yee

Warnings: road rash, injury, mentions of being attacked, hurt/comfort, "i had nowhere else to go" i hate myself

Summary: Classic enemies to lovers with Sebas

W.C. 2015

~~Racing was my life

~~
Racing was my life. For as long as I could remember, I was racing, and I was racing well. I rose through the ranks relatively quickly going straight from karting to single-seater championships within two years, and I was already catching the eyes of different Formula 1 teams.

One thing is for certain: I had my fair share of haters. One of which was someone I looked up to while karting who then turned out to be my teammate in F4 and FRECA at Prema and eventually, in F3 for HiTech. That person would be none other than Sebastian Montoya.

It was all fine when we first met during preseason testing for F4. We were getting along great, found some common interests, and he gave me some tips and tricks he used to prepare for a race. All was well until the season started, and I started winning.

It was like I was no longer a friend but a competitor, so I did what I always did and reciprocated the acts. If he was going to be cold to me, I would be cold right back. I was taught to never waste my time on people who didn't deserve it, and when he ran me off the road during a crucial race of the FRECA season, I saw red.

"You gonna run me off the track again, Montoya?" I teased as we both walked out of the HiTech garage toward our new cars for free practice in Spielberg for the F3 race. "I don't think the bosses would appreciate that, honestly."

"If you stay out of my way, we won't have a problem," He sneered, rolling his eyes as he finished doing up his race suit.

"Oh, trust me. I plan to be nowhere near you," I laughed as I pulled my balaclava over my head and started preparing the straps to my helmet. "Besides, it's not like I have a problem with keeping my nose clean."

"I wouldn't have guessed given that you crashed into Gabriele last week," Sebastian mocked, pointing out my DNF from a couple of weeks ago.

"Because you turned wide!" I exclaimed, slamming my helmet down on the table. "You turned into me, and I took evasive action. It wasn't my fault. You were the one that got the penalty, dumbass."

"At least I finished the race," he snickered as he turned to walk toward his car.

"And at least I can run in the top 3," I whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

"Mind saying that a little louder?" Sebastian snapped, turning to face me as he came to stand directly in front of you.

"I said, at least I can run in the top 3," I stated firmly, not backing down from his threatening stance. "At least I can say that I've won in Monaco. I'm keeping up in the title fight, and where are you? Oh, right! Down in 14th. Our gap is almost as bad as Alonso on Stroll."