Chapter 3

Noah Anderson
5:32 pm

Aaliyah said she was going to be here 32 minutes ago. I wonder if she's really coming.

Ding Dong!

I hop up from the dining room table and run to the front door. I open the door and am welcomed to the most wonderful sight. Aaliyah in a Jean jacket, black leggings, a Naruto graphic tee and tie dye crocs. Her hair is in a claw clip and she has a charm bracelet and necklace with her name on it. Even with such a simple outfit on, I still feel like I'm underdressed.

"Gonna let me in?" She asks looking up at me. She's a couple inches shorter than me and I'm 6'2.

"Yeah, sorry come in." I say widening the door. She walks past and I catch a good whiff of vanilla. I watch the way her ass looks in those leggings.

"Where are we doing this?" She asks looking at the family photos in the hall.

"Upstairs in my room." I say leading her up the stairs because of she were in front of me , I would spend the entire time staring at her ass.

"Your rooms not messy." She says looking around my room. She wouldn't see much just photos of my family and my game console and tv.

"Why would you think so?" I ask sitting on my bed and she sits in my chair.

"Because mine is." She says pulling out her notebook from her purse.

"I don't really spend much time in the house." I say reaching for my copy of Handmaiden's Tale.

"Neither do I but for some reason it's always messy. You look cute." She says like it means nothing like I won't blush.

"Thank you. I think you do, too." I'm wearing my flannel pj pants and a white tee. I thought she wasn't coming and I made plans to play the game.

"Then tell me so." She says writing our names down on the paper.

"I think you look cute."

"You should always say what you feel. " She says  looking me in the eye.

***

After Aaliyah left, I was in the house by myself. So I decided to go to the gym. Afterwards I made my way to a smoothie place. They make the best mango smoothies you've ever tasted.

"Hi, Lily! Can I get my usual?" I ask the worker. She a tall,skinny girl. And we got to know each other a little since I've been going to the gym over here.

"Of course, Noah. Coming right up!" She says telling the smoothie guy to make my order.

I sit down at one of the islands. I took a quick shower before I left the gym and put my gym bag in the trunk of my car so I don't smell bad.

"Excuse me?" A timid voice asks.

I turn to see a short girl with brown eyes and brown hair in ringlets. She's wearing a red crop top and denim short shorts. And of course converse.

"Yes?" I question.

"I was wondering if you go to the gym across the street?" She asks pointing out the window to the gym.

"Yeah, why?" I ask a little suspicious, no one really talks to me besides, as of late Aaliyah.

"I noticed you and I wanted to ask you out but I didn't want to disturb you. I kinda followed you here. I know it's creepy but I wanted know if you had a girlfriend?" She asks staring at me, hoping I'll say no.

I think first that it's bizarre that somebody, anybody, would want to talk to me. And then I think of Aaliyah and how she would react but then I remember we're not even together and she doesn't see me that way.

"No, no girlfriend. And it was a little weird-"

"Noah!"

"That's me." I say walking over to get my mango smoothie.

"Thank you, Lily."

"No problem."

"Anyway, would you wanna go out sometime?" She asks when I come back.

"You know nothing about me and I know nothing about you. Tell me your name." I say sipping my smoothie.

"Evelyn, yours is Noah and I want to get to know you." She says determined to get a yes.

"Okay, we could go out."