Chapter 25

Aaliyah Thompson
5:34 pm

"Aye, so, wassup with you and ol' boy?" Calvin asks, giving me my wings.

I'm chilling with him today while Noah's at work.

"What you mean? And his name is Noah."

"How yall doing?"

"We're good. That's my boo." I say cheesing.

"A nigga got you smiling and shit!" He gasses.

"And do. All the time!" I smile harder.

"You know, I always thought you and me would get together." He says looking at me.

"You knew that wasn't going to happen. I mean, you yourself said we were just friends." I say, putting down my wing.

"I know what I said but I just thought you'd come to your senses..."

"Senses?! What you mean by that?" I ask, standing up.

"Nothing like that. Just that we'd be together, eventually."

"What gave you that idea? I told you and anybody who would listen that I wasn't interested in a relationship."

"You can't honestly tell me that you haven't felt our connection. I mean, you be cuddled up with me, telling me about your day." As he says this he inches closer and closer to me.

"Calvin, I genuinely thought we were friends. I didn't even think about you all of last month."

"Yeah, well I've been thinking about you." And he leans in to kiss me.

I step back.

"Calvin, when in this conversation did I give you any inclination that I wanted to kiss you?"

"I told you, we have this connection. I'm not sure why you don't see it. And you're still here so you must feel it, too." He says walking up to me and trying to kiss me.

This time I slap him.

"No! Like what the hell is wrong with you?!" I grab my coat and put on my shoes.

He tugs me back and I push him off me.

"Clavin, I'm leaving whether you want me to or not."

"Chill, I just wanted to say that I want you to think about it, us." He says pointing between.

"Calvin, you're very delusional. Please lose my number." And I head out the door.

***

"How was your day?" I ask Noah as I sprawl out on the bed.

I left Calvin's and came here after driving around for a few hours.

"Good. Yours?" He asks form the bathroom.

"Strange."

"Strange, how?"

"I was hanging out with Calvin-"

"Calvin?"

"Yes, Calvin. I told you about him. Anyway, he started asking about you and me. And then it got weird."

"Weird, how?" He asks coming out of the bathroom.

"Well he confessed he liked me and tried to kiss me which I immediately shut down and left out of there."

"Kiss you? He tried to kiss you."

"Yes but like I said I shut him down. I even slapped him."

"You shouldn't have been there in the first place." He says putting on his pajamas.

"What?"

"You shouldn't have been there."