Chapter 31

Aaliyah Thompson
9:34 pm

"I haven't heard from her in days." I say to Noah.

"Who?" He asks and turns to look at me.

"Destiny. You're not listening to me." I whine coming over to where he is seated and putting my arms around him.

"I am, I'm just studying. I thought you said we were studying. I thought we were studying." He says taking my hands and kissing them and placing me in his lap.

"We can study some other time. I can't find Destiny. Should I call the cops?"

"Not yet. Did you ask her mom?"

"No, I didn't. Actually, I'll go see her." I say getting off his lap.

"Now?"

"Yeah, it's important."

•••

"This it?" Noah asks pulling up to an apartment building.

"Yeah, I think. I've only been here once years ago." I say getting out of the car and walking across the street.

I ring the bell for apartment 3C.

"Who is it?!"

"It's Aaliyah."

"Who?!"

"Destiny's friend."

"If you find that bitch tell her the cops looking for her ass! She ain't here!"

"Do you know where she could be?"

"If I knew she'd be in custody right now! Now get off my damn bell! Got the whole damn building in my business!"

We walk back to his car.

"Where would she go?" He asks.

"Usually to mine...I know where she could be. She said she was messing with some guy named Damien!"

"You know where he lives?"

"Yeah, it might be in my phone."

I open up my phone and scroll through Destiny and I's messages.

"Found it!"

I pass the phone to Noah and then put it in google maps.

•••

"I haven't talked to Destiny in a few." Damien says after I ask him has he seen Destiny.

"You know where she could be?"

"Nah, but I know she was fucking around with some other nigga. I think his name was Dre or something like that."

Drew!

"Okay thank you. Sorry for taking up your time." I say standing up and heading out.

"You good. I hope you find her."

"Thank you."

•••

"I haven't slept all night. Now I'm starting to get worried." I say on FaceTime with Noah.

Yesterday I went to Drew's and he said him and Destiny stopped messing around and haven't talked since. And then my mom called about me getting home so I went home and tired to sleep but now I'm worried.

"Was she speaking to anyone else that you know of? Or a family member?"

"Not that I could think of. Honestly, I'm just worried especially since it seems her and her mom got into it. Usually she would be at mine..." I trail when I see a notification pop up.

I click on it and see that Destiny has posted a picture of herself on the beach.

"This bitch!"

"What's going on?" Noah asks getting into the camera.

"Well, let me screen share...look!"

"She's on a beach somewhere. That's good! She safe!"

"No, Noah! That's not the point. She didn't tell me. And I've been worrying for days now. Days! She not answering my calls or texts. You know it's doesn't even matter. I'll just wait till she gets back to me."

"Well, that solved itself."

"I wonder who she went with. Or even how she could afford to go to the Bahamas?" I question now stalking her page.

"Are you going to obsess over this?"

"Yes, she's my best friend and she didn't even tell me she left. I was worried."

"Seems like you still are."

"Maybe, how are things with your parents? I talked to your sister the day before yesterday, she doesn't seem fazed by it." I say still look through Destiny's page.

"They're not all that great. My father has been taking furniture from the house at night and asks me to help. And it's seems to be something in them. It's weird. My mom's been walking around the house shitting on my dad and my dad just seems to have lost it."

"Damn, I'm sorry that you're going through this." I say exiting out of instagram and giving him my full attention.

"It's not your fault so you have nothing to be sorry for."

"Let's go somewhere tonight." I say getting off the couch and walking to the kitchen.

"What do you have in mind?"

"It's a little surprise, something to take your mind off your parents."

"Okay, I have to go. I love you."

"Of course, I love you."

Now only to figure out where we could go.

•••

"She was going hard as fuck on my tailbone." I complain after walking out of the spa.

"For me it was my calf. I almost caught a cramp!"

"I'm glad I wasn't the only one going through some shit." I say sliding in the car as Noah closes it after me.

He runs around the front and slides in the car.

"I wanna spend the night at yours. I don't wanna leave you." I whine running my hand through his hair.

It's time for another cut and trim.

"I know but your parents would never allow it and plus my house isn't a place you wanna sleep tonight." He says starting up the car.

"You could spend the night at mine."

"That would never happen."

•••

"Shh!" I laugh as Noah almost trips up the stairs.

"I'm trying." He whispers.

"Kamari, is that you?!" My mom yells from her room.

"No, Ma it's me!"

"Okay, goodnight, love you!"

"Love you, too!" I yell back scrambling to the room.