Chapter 37

Kamari Thompson
10:33 pm
3 months later

"When are you going to tell your little girlfriend?
I will not keep my children a secret, Kamari." Tiff says whilst adjusting herself on the couch.

"Today, actually. She's pregnant, too and you know that. I don't want to put any stress on her." I say reaching over to rub her stomach.

"I don't give a fuck about an another bitch and her kid this is about your children with me.
They're due any time now." She says placing her hand onto mine.

"Watch that bitch word and like I said I'll tell her." I remove my hand off of her.

"Whatever, Kamari. Like I said."

"Alright, I'm outta here." I stand up and get up outta here.

•••

"Laila, baby, I want to tell you something.
Something that's gonna change how you feel about me." I say looking at her sleep.

I don't want to lose her. She's honestly the best thing to ever happen to me.

"And I know it's fucked up and I kept this a secret for months now. I know you'll probably feel betrayed and trapped-"

"Baby, when'd you get back?" Laila asks rubbing her stomach and cracking up her eyes.

"Not too long ago." I say rubbing her stomach
too.

"Why didn't you wake me? I'm hungry. Can you make my favorite thing." She whispers.

"Yeah." I get up and walk to the kitchen.

She's obsessed with pjs and will only eat them if
I make them.

"Here, we outta orange juice so let me go to the store. You want anything else?" I ask grabbing my keys.

"Yeah chocolate chip mint ice cream, please." She says dogging the sandwiches.

"Nasty ass."

"Hey, it's good."

"Kamari, the baby's coming-oh! Please meet me at the hosssss-0000oo-pital." The suddenly hangs
up.

Aaliyah Thompson
12:53 am

"Noah, you're supposed to help me! I want to know what I should do to my hair and nails." I whine pushing him off me.

"Our colors are a rich burgundy and you do have pearls on your dress just add those together for your nails and your hair is perfect...maybe an updo. There I helped now come here." He says tugging me toward him.

"Since when did you get so needy?"I say allowing him to pull me toward him.

"Since always." He whispers as he kisses down my neck.

I curl up into him and tug on his hair.

Ring
Ring
Ring

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Has Kamari called you. It's been hours since he left." Laila says on the other line.

"No, I haven't but I can call him." I say stroking Noah's hair.

"Yes, please."

"Alright hold on."

I dial Kamari's number and wait for him to pick up.

"Hello?" I ask pushing off of Noah and sitting up.

"Could you go check on Laila?" Kamari's asks frantically.

"Yeah, are you good?"

"Tiffany's in labor and I haven't even told Laila about Tiffany. And I promised her orange juice and ice cream-"

"Alright, just calm down, I got Laila. You just be there for my nice and or nephew. I'll call mom and let her know."

"Okay, thanks sis. I love you."

"I love you too."

I slide off of Noah's bed and slip on my yellow crocs.

"Want me to come with you?" He asks.

"No." I lean up and kiss him. "I'll see you tomorrow. What time you picking me up?"

"8:30."

"Okay, I love you." I say blowing him a kissing and heading downstairs.

•••

"So you know where he is but you won't tell me?" Laila says looking down at her ice cream.

"It's not really my place to say."

He should've been told her. He should've told her when found out. This was bound to happen.

"If he's cheating on me, just tell me. Don't cover for him."

"I would never do that to you and most importantly Kamari wouldn't." I say pressing my hand against my chest.

"Then what can't you tell me that Kamari has to?!"

"Like I said that isn't my place. Let's sit down and watch something." I say moving away from the kitchen island.

"No, if you're not gonna tell me then get out."

"But, Laila, I think I should be here with you until Kamari gets back." I say turning around and looking at her eyes brimming with tears.

"No, Aaliyah, I think I just want to be alone."

"Okay, just call if you need anything." I say walking over and giving her a big hug.

Kamari is really a dumbass.

"I won't. I know you have prom tomorrow, well today. Have a great time." She says hugging me back tightly.

"I will." I squeeze back.