Chapter 38

Aaliyah Thompson
4:30 pm

"Awww! Look at my nephews." I coo as I grab baby A. 

A/n I didn't think of any names for them but if y'all have any suggestions, y'all can leave them in the comment section.

"How are you feeling, Tiffany?" I ask rocking baby A in my arms.

"Tired, and achy and cranky. They took too long to come out." She slurs out.

"Get some sleep, Tiffany. My mom's on her way."

Kamari finally went home to Laila, I wonder how that conversation is going. And I have to get to my hair appointment soon.

"Okay." And she's fast asleep.

I put down baby A and pick up baby B.

"Hey, your parents know they should've had some names picked out for y'all. Hi, I'm your auntie Liyah." I continuing cooing at them.

"Aaliyah, you don't wanna be late for your appointment." My mom says coming into the room.

She was here earlier but left to get food for Tiffany.

"I know, I'm finna leave. They're just so cute." I kiss his nose and stand up.

"I'll be back for your prom and if by chance I'm not, your father will be there." She kisses my forehead and I leave out.

•••

"You going with Lyric?" I ask Destiny as we get ready at my place.

"Yeah, I just wish that she didn't have to meet Drew. Honestly at one point, I was juggling Lyric, Drew and this other dude I don't think I told about. I just hope Drew doesn't say anything to her."

"Don't worry, I'll be there, just in case he does say anything about y'all." I say picking up Whitepaw and stroking her.

She purrs and curls up into my chest.

"Girl, what about them nephews? You got any pictures."

"Of course!" I gently place Whitepaw on the ground.

I reach for my phone and go to my photos. I hand her my phone and pick Whitepaw back up.

"Awww! They're so cute! I wish I was an aunt." Age coos over them.

"You're an aunt by association." I say as I place my cat on her bed and going into my closet for our dresses.

"How is Kamari taking to being a father?" She says handing me back my phone.

"Great, he was happy. It's just he had to talk to Laila. And you know Laila's pregnant and he still hasn't told her."

"What?! Why not?!"

"I honestly don't know. Everyone's been tryna tell him. I told him he could lose her. And I'm afraid he might."

•••

Kamari Thompson
4:54 pm
4 hours earlier

"Kamari, is that you?" Laila asks coming around the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm sorry-"

"Good, I'm leaving. I planned on leaving before you got here but I overslept and..."

"You're leaving?"

"Yes, Kamari. I'm leaving. Your sister was over here yesterday and wouldn't tell me where you were, she swears you weren't hurt or cheating on me..."

"Laila, I was with Tiffany-"

"I fucking knew it!" She yells her eyes brimming with tears until they spill over.