Chapter 21

Noah Anderson
12:32 pm
2 weeks later

"That bitch mad unfortunate." Terrence says.

"Unfortunate?" Liyah ask leaning on me.

"It's unfortunate that she was born that way." He says shrugging his shoulders.

"Like what?" Destiny asks.

"Ugly."

And the table busts out laughing. It's the last day before Christmas break and we're just chilling in the cafeteria until we leave.

"Who's throwing a New Year's party?" Tiffany asks.

"Facts! I'm tryna get turnt!"

"Niggas tryna get lit and Christmas ain't even pasted yet." Drew says mugging her.

"Shut the fuck, Drew. You always saying something to me. I don't fuck with you." Destiny says turning her face up.

"I'm throwing a little something at my parent's place." Xavier says cutting them off before they get started.

"Oh, we in there." Kat says.

"We gotta bring our own liquor?" Liyah asks, yawning.

She always tired.

"I mean no and yes." Xavier says.

"Nigga, what that mean?" Terrence asks.

"If you want a certain liquor then bring yo own shit."

"Does that also include weed?" Amanda asks from the far end of the table.

We all turn to look at her and she blushes.

"This bitch must be straining her damn ears." Destiny says.

"I wasn't, really, I just caught the tail end." She says her face flaming red.

"Mad red in the face." Terrence laughs and of course so does everybody else.

"Yes, bring ya own weed. Why wouldn't you? And I thought you ain't smoke." Asks Drew.

The bells rings and Xavier said to spread the word and we all went to class.

***

"I can't wait to show you the gifts I got you." She says bouncing on my bed.

She looks so beautiful. I sometimes wish I could bottle her beauty.

"I can't wait to show you mine." I say walking over to kiss her.

"Guys, Jeff will be here in exactly 2 hours, 32 minutes and 15 seconds! I'm so excited!" My sister yells coming into my room and flopping on my bed.

"I'm so excited for you." She says hugging her.

"Yes, he's the best boyfriend I've had since I was 16. He treats me like a princess." My sister gushes.

"We have a schedule and rules." I say face down in my bed.

When I bring Aaliyah here she can't take up her time and vice versa now if she's staying weekends we barter for her time. My sister is too obsessed with my girlfriend. You would think she's her girlfriend.

"This is an emergency!" She whines.

"Don't you have friends?" I ask.

"Yes, she's right here." My sister says tugging Aaliyah away.

"Why can't you be like our brother?!" I yell after them.

This actually gives me time to wrap up her gifted and my secret Santa, Kat's gift. We planned to exchange them after Christmas. And hang out at somebody's house. Before I know it its time for Aaliyah to go home.

"I'm going to miss you." She says kissing me.

"I'll miss you more. Call me when you get home? I really wish you'd let me drive you home." I say kissing her neck.

"I will." She says sighing into me.

I watch her walk into the driveway and drive down the block and she's gone. I close the door. Aaliyah didn't get to meet Jeffery, because his flight was delayed. My sister is devastated.

I haven't told anyone about finding dad passed out drunk on our couch. Even Aaliyah doesn't know. I put him back in the bed and ever since he's come home drunk off his ass. Mom doesn't seem to notice but it seems no one in this family has ever noticed anything if it's not about them. Or Aaliyah, apparently.

Like clockwork I hear stumbling. I get up from the bed and creep down the stairs.

"Dad, you have to stop doing this." I say grabbing his arm and pulling him up the stairs.

"Son, get your moooommmm. I loooovveee her. She's everything. Did you hhhheeear me, Nathan?" He slurs out.

"My names not Nathan, dad." I say gently opening the door.

Mom's not here tonight, she's probably working late.

"Yyyes, yesss it is. You may not be mine bbbbut you're mmmiine, Nathan. I was there to see you bornnn..." he closes his eyes and snores.

"Sleep tight." I say flicking off the light as I go.

I handed to talk to Mom about this, it's becoming too much. He's like this every night.

"Where'd you go?" Aaliyah says into the phone. I thought she was asleep.

"Helping my dad." I say, sliding into bed.

"I'm getting tired now. Sing to me?" She asks poking her lip out.

She heard me singing in the shower once and now she wants me to sing her to sleep.

"Very much so obsessed." I say laying on the bed and propping her up to see me.

"Sassy man apocalypse." She says cheesing. Her dimples pop out and I wish she were here in bed with me.

"Your brother coming around for Christmas?"

Things have been a little rocky between the 2. I hope it's not because of me.

"Yeah, him and Laila coming tomorrow for Christmas Eve. What about Jeff?"

"He's on the next flight out tomorrow or well today." I say looking at the time.

"Do I ever tell you you're the best boyfriend in the world?"

My heart explodes with pride. This is my girlfriend and she chose me.

"Do I ever tell you you're the best girlfriend in the entire universe?"

"Always tryna out compliment me."

"It's the truth... I miss you." I say staring at her.

I wish she were here, right now, in this bed with me.

"I miss you more." She says kissing the screen.

I'm extremely clingy when it comes to her and I wonder if that annoys her sometimes. It's just she's the best and most important person in my life. Even though I haven't been on the earth for long I know she's really it for me. She elevates me.