Chapter 18

Aaliyah Thompson 
5:34 pm

"I'll talk to you later." I say into the phone to Ashley.

"Come by sometime." And we hang up.

"What you doing on the phone with my sister?" Noah asks coming out with just a towel hanging low on his hips. All he's missing his water dripping down his chest and wet hair. His hair only a little damp. He must've dried it some.

"Believe it or not me and your sister talk everyday. You know your sister loves me."

I watch him walk over to his duffel bag and pull out his clothes and walk back into the bathroom.

My dad surprised my mom with a one week vacation so they left yesterday they'll be back in a week next Wednesday. It was the perfect time to invite Noah over. Nobody around to disturb us and we could just be.

"I knew that but I didn't know you talked everyday. Do you talk to Destiny everyday?" He yells from the bathroom.

"No, but that's different, I see her everyday." I say waking into my closet and changing into shorts and an oversized shirt.

"You told her about us?"

"Who? Destiny already knows." I say pulling the shirt over my head and pull my bra off. Saggy tits are out and proud.

"No, my sister."

"No, I thought you would wanna do that on your own." I say walking back into my room.

He's laying on my bed with no shirt and flannel pj pants.

I told him to bring pajamas and a change of clothes because we're having ourselves a sleepover.

"Did you chicken out?" He teases once I get on the bed and turn off the lights.

"No, I just thought it would be awkward considering you just introduced her to your parents just Friday, nearly a week ago." I say, tugging the covers over my body.

"You know Ashley'll be excited, my mother even. My father probably wouldn't even remember her name and my brother doesn't care." He says leaning over to give me a goodnight kiss.

It feels so domestic.

***

Noah Anderson
12:24 pm

We've only been together for 4 days now but it feels like we've been together for far longer. It's only better that we've been friends first so I know her likes and dislikes and vice versa.

Today I got to really see her. I got to see how she looked first thing in the morning, dry mouthed and dry drool. She snores but I already knew that. It even brings me comfort. Her routine. Sit up look at the wall. Pee and scroll through her phone. Brush her teeth, wash her face. She's got all kinds of things for her face. She just goes to the closet and knows what to wear. Like she has the outfit already in her mind.

Today she's wearing a black knitted sweater and grey leggings and long black socks and pink Ugg boots with bows at the back. She took out her butterfly locs yesterday and installed a jet black 32 in. She told me if we were to be together that I would need to know exactly what she had in her head. And I wholeheartedly agree.

"You broke up with me so you could be with her!" Malinda yells to the entire cafeteria.

She hasn't been here for 2 whole days and now, on this blissful day she wants to come. She just walked up to our table and starting yelling.

"Malinda, calm down." I say hopping up and trying to calm her down.

"No! You are mine! I told you that already! Nobody will stop me from having you!" Malinda says getting closer to Aaliyah. I block her from Aaliyah who's sitting down.