Chapter 30

Aaliyah Thompson
3:42 pm

"It's time we had that talk." I say looking over at Noah.

"I have something to tell you." He says sitting up.

My heart drops to my ass and it starts beating hard as fuck.

"What is it?"

I'll try and give him the benefit of the doubt.

"I've been lying. About my parents." He says his eyes casted down. He lifts it back up and continues. "For weeks now my father has been coming in drunk and I've been putting him to bed. And now they're getting a divorce. That's why I haven't been feeling like myself for a while. I didn't want you to think less of me. I shouldn't have been lying so I'm sorry." He says gauging my reaction.

"Noah, I don't need to know anything you don't want to tell me. I can respect boundaries and if your family is one of them then I completely understand."

"No, that's not it. I'm just embarrassed. Your family is perfect. Your mom and dad love each other. Your brother actually loves you. I just didn't want you to see that side of my family. You adore my mother. You love my family." He says his eyes casted down.

"Yes, I do but I love you. You're my priority. So, you can tell me the good, the bad and the ugly and I will still love you. You are not your family." I say grabbing his face and looking into his eyes.

"I love you more. You're the best thing to happen to me, Aaliyah. I want you to know that I sometimes feel like I don't deserve you. Thank for listening to me." He says kissing my forehead.

We sit in silence for a while.

"What did you want to talk about before I interrupted you?"

"Oh! College! What colleges should we start applying to. That is if you want to go to college or even with me."

"I want to be with you. And it'll get me farrr away from my parents at least for a while."

"Don't just go because of your parents. I remember you saying that you wanted freedom. So please do this for the right reasons. Your reasons."

***

"Y'all niggas and wigga don't know how to do shit!" Terrence yells.

Apparently we suck at escape room.

"It's the idiocy in the room." Destiny says pointedly towards Drew.

"I know you're not talking about me because this is a group game." He says looking at Destiny.

"I didn't say no names. You must've known you were the idiot I was speaking of."

"I-"

"Guys, please, let's look for the next clue we have an hour left." Tiffany cuts in. Competitiveness and leadership qualities that made her co captain.

If no one cuts in they keep arguing.

"I found something!" Kat says holding up a piece of paper.

We rush to her side.

"Now you know damn well." Xavier says as we all suck our teeth and walk over to the trunk we all walked past.

"I thought it was locked." Destiny says sucking her teeth.

"Yeah, we all did, dumbass." Drew eggs on.

"I-"

"Oh my god! Can you two shut the fuck up! All yall do is argue! Back and forth, all day, everyday! I'm tired of it! We're tired of it! It was cute at first, funny even! Now it's annoying. Just fuck or shut the fuck up talking to each other, Jesus!" Tiffany yells.

It's silent for a little. And then we all silently work to get out of the room.

***

Destiny Hampton

"You gonna stop punishing me?" Drew asks sliding off the bed.

"What are you talking about?" I ask watching him pull on his shirt.

"This, us. Us fucking again when you said we wouldn't."

"I'm not punishing you." I say getting up and walking over to my closet.

"You don't think so? You always starting shit with me when we're with our friends and when we're alone you're present and with me."

"I'm never really with you, Drew. Remember, I'm using you." I say walking to my bathroom. "Get out." I say before closing the bathroom door.

I run the warm water and connect my phone to the speaker.

"No, let's talk about this." Drew says busting into the bathroom.

"What is there to talk about?"

"Respect. We don't have to be together but there should be some respect between each other. I mean-"

"Drew, I don't wanna hear this. Get out. There's literally nothing to talk about. Honestly, I'm tired of you anyway. Let's stop this. This isn't something I want anymore. It's was fun but really I'm done with you."

"You always say that and then we're right back fucking but next time you come back I'm gonna say no."

"Okay, bye." I say waving him away.

"Okay." He storms out the bathroom.

I close the bathroom door and get back to my bath.

***

"You stupid bitch! I know you weren't fucking in my house, little girl!" My mom yells busting in my room holding up a cum filled condom.

"That's not mine." I glance up at her.

"Then whose is it?! It's sure as fuck not mine! I haven't been getting any dick since I had yo ass!"

I just stare at unblinkingly. She throws the condom at my face. It lands on my left cheek. I don't even hear what she has to say. The next thing I know is I'm on top of her whaling on her.

I'm scratching, pulling, kicking, slapping and just beating her up. I have a total out of body experience. I'm watching myself draw blood. I'm letting out all of my anger and frustration out onto her.

Eventually I stop. I stand up and spit on her.

"You stupid bitch. I said it wasn't mine." I say staring down at her bloody body and kicking her one last time.

I pack my things in a rush and walk out of the door.