Chapter 4

Aaliyah Thompson
8:24 pm

"Pass the ball!" One of the guys on the court yell out.

I'm watching my brother Kamari play ball with Destiny and his on and off girlfriend Traci. We have a like dislike relationship.

"You seen what Ferrari posted on her insta story?" Destiny asks pulling out her phone.

"Yeah, she just messy ass hell. Girl, that man do not want you. He got a baby on the way and seems to be happy. But I mean what do we know." I say shrugging my shoulders.

I watch Kamari come over to the benches and grab a bottle of water from Traci and look over at me.

"What the hell you got on?!" He asks after gulping down the whole bottle of water.

"What?!" I exclaim looking down at my attire. I have on biker shorts and an Aaliyah shirt with light blue crocs.

"It's too much skin showing." He says looking at me.

"It's just my legs and arms, Kamari." I say rubbing my arms.

"You cold, annit?" He asks chuckling.

"Yeah, it's a little windy. Give me your hoodie." I say reaching over to Traci and taking it off her lap.

"Yo' ass freezing tryna be cute and shit." He laughs more leaning over to kiss Traci.

"About time, Kamari." She says kissing him back.

"I was talking to my sister."

"I was..."

I tune them out and tune into what Destiny got going on.

"Jamal just posted that he's throwing another party. We out?" She asks looking over at me.

"For sure!" I hug my brother and tell him I love him. He gives me money and tells me to be safe.

"Is there drinks here?" I ask as we pull up to the party. We called a rideshare. I asked Kamari if he could take my car back home.

"Yeah, that's what it said." She says walking into the house. The party is in full swing. Ass shaking, music pounding, drink filled party. We make our way to the drinks and fill our cups up. Destiny sees Drew and slides over to him while I sip my drink and whine here and there. Can't be showing out for real.

"You came to this one, I see." Jamal says, appearing from nowhere.

He looks good too. He has on a white tee, sliver chain and black cargo pants. He even has golden grill in. That's not usually my taste but it's giving right now. It could also be the liquor.

"Yeah, we needed to get out." I say sipping my drink.

"I see. You look sexy." He says looking me up and down.

"So do you." I say licking my lips, watching his right earring glint.

"You trynna be freaky, Ms.Thompson." He teases getting closer to me.

"I'm just giving you a compliment." I say leaning closer to him.

The Henny makes me horny, it seems

"...FUCK YOU!" I hear when I tune back into the party. It's Destiny.

I push through the crowd of people and find Destiny, Amanda and Drew in the middle.

"Destiny, we're not together. I fucked the girl and I'm sure you've fucked plenty-"

Slap!

Destiny slapped the Mario coins out of Drew.

"Don't you DARE-"

"Come on, Destiny. You don't need to be embarrassing yourself with these people around." I say going up to her and grabbing her arm.

"No, because this bitch was saying something slick to me. So what is it you had to say Amanda."

Now Destiny is calm. Which is extremely worrisome. I sober up quick.

I put my drink down and try to drag Destiny away but she's not trying to move.

"Nah, Aaliyah. I'm good. I just wanna hear what she has to say."

"Don't embarrass yourself for this nigga, D. Your worth much more than this." I say tugging at her arm.

"Yo, who the fuck you talking about?" Drew asks puffing out his chest.

"Yo, chill out." Jamal says tapping on Drew's chest.

"Why is this bitch-"

My fist connects with his nose. The blood spurts from it. He kneels down holding his nose, groaning.

"Don't you ever call any woman a bitch in your lifetime." I say stooping down to his level.

"Come on, Destiny. Forget about Amanda she's just scared. She ain't gonna do shit." I say glancing at a trembling Amanda.