Chapter 22

Aaliyah Thompson
6:43 pm

It's a couple days after Christmas and me and my family just got back from our trip. Dad booked us a Christmas trip and I didn't get to tell Noah and I miss him even though we spoke everyday.

I really do miss my man and I can't wait to see him. It's time for our secret Santa gift exchanges it's supposed to be a secret until we give our gifts but I know Noah has Kat and he knows I have Terrence.

I'm meeting him at his house so I could give everybody there their gifts. I brought gifts for all my in-laws.

As soon as the door opens I hop into his arms.

"I missed you. It feels like I haven't seen you in forever." I deeply inhale his scent and I realize it's not Noah but his brother.

"Sorry." I say sheepishly.

"Haven't seen you in a while, Aaliyah." He says smirking. Sometimes he makes my skin crawl and other times he's really sweet.

"Yeah, I've been away. How have you been?" I ask picking up all of the gifts.

"Better."

"Is Noah here?" I ask awkwardly.

"He's in the yard." He says moving out of my way.

I open up my bag and hand him his gift.

"Merry Christmas." I say and walk to the yard.

I see him before he sees me. He's in the garden, his mother's garden. He's bent over and his brown hair pools in front of his face but not so much so that he can't see. He's digging in the soil for some reason. I stay standing outside of the door, watching him.

"You gonna go out there?" I jump and turn to the voice.

He's unfamiliar. He's dark-skin with a tapered fade. He must've just got a shape up. He's kind of on the shorter side but his muscles make up for it. He's wearing black ripped jeans and a white tee.

"Who are you?"

"Jeffrey but everyone calls me Jeff. You must be Aaliyah?" He says putting his hand out.

I'm shocked! Ashley pulled her a fine man!

As she should!

"Hi, I didn't get to meet you." I say smiling and shaking his hand.

"Yeah, my flight got delayed." He says leaning against the couch.

"How do you like it in the city? I know Ashley told me you weren't used to the city."

"It's...different."

"Louder." I say.

We both laugh.

"Yeah, that mostly." He says smiling. A dimple pops out.

I turn to the door sliding open. I immediately walk into his arms. I take a deep breath of him. He smells like me and dirt and sweat and outside.

"I missed you." I say kissing his clothed chest.

"I missed you way more." He says, kissing the top of my head.

***

"You like?" I ask, gauging his reaction.

"I love it!" He says, moving a picture of me and putting it on his nightstand, looking at me.

I brought him one of those motion picture frames. Pictures of us but mostly me.

"I thought you would."