Chapter 14

Aaliyah Thompson
2:36 pm

He has a girlfriend! I still can't get over it. He was just saying he wanted to be with me. Now he has a girlfriend!

"Class has been over, Ms.Thompson." My teacher says looking down at her papers.

"Oh, my bad, Mrs.Lawerence." I pack up my things and walk to my car.

"Aaliyah, we have cheer practice where are you going?" Kat says stopping me in my tracks.

After practice I go home to shower and change into Kamari's hoodie, Noah's sweatpants and my mom's Ugg boots. I drive to Noah's house and ring the bell.

"Liyah?! What are you doing here?!" Noah asks surprised and hugs me. He's wearing basketball shorts and no shirt. And he smells amazing like how I think the rainbow smells. I can feel his nipples against mine. His hard abs rub against my stomach.

"I'm actually-"

"She's here for me!" Ashley says pushing Noah out of the way and hugging me.

"Ashley!" I greet, hugging her back.

"You look, gorgeous as always!" She says examining me.

"Thank you."

I don't think so, I just threw this on, literally.

"Come on!" She says tugging me, up the stairs and to her room.

"Noah's, like, obsessed with you!" She says bouncing to her vanity. I'm over here to do a little girls day with her.

"I don't think so!" I say laughing it off.

"Oh, trust, he is!" She says looking back at me.

"He can't be, he has a girlfriend. And plus, we already discussed the no, boyfriend thing." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"Wait?! Huh?!" She says turning to look at me.

"He has-"

"No the other part! I don't care about his girlfriend!" She interrupts.

"Oh the no bf thing. He confessed to me that he wanted to be with me and I let him down easy. We didn't talk for 2 months because of it. We both felt so awkward about it." I say unpacking my bag full of things to do.

"Wow! I did not know!"

"Ashley?!" A voice calls out from the other side of the door.

"Come in!" She yells.

"Ashley, do-" Malinda pauses looks at me and smiles. Not a good smile.

"Hello, Alisha! I didn't know you were here!" She says looking over at Ashley.

"It's Aaliyah, like the singer." I say correcting her.

I know she knows my name.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Aaliyah."

"What did you need?" Ashley asks exasperated.

"Oh, yes, I was wondering if you-"

"Ashley! Why do- oh, hi Aaliyah!" Logan, Noah's brother says when he sees me. He never really around like his father. I've only met him once, after thanksgiving and that's it. I'm surprised he remembered me.

"Hi, Logan! Where have you been?!" I ask sitting on Ashley's bed.

"Outside enjoying, winter break." He says, leaning against the doorway.

"It's cold outside, where you be at?" I ask laughing.

"Here and there." He smirks.

"Hi, Logan!" Malinda says waving at him.