Chapter 12

Aaliyah Thompson
9:00 pm

"What's going on with you and Damien?" I ask Destiny. Last time I checked they were just each others sneaky links.

"Nothing, I'm cool off any nigga. Plus he got babymomma drama and mommy issues. I'm good off that. The dick still good though."

"Girl, you hot ass mess!" I laugh.

"What you laughing about?" Calvin asks from the left side of me. We just friends too. We talk and chill together.

"Mind your business." I says mushing his head.

"Fuck going on with you and Calvin." Kamari asks from the sofa.

We're in his house right now just chilling and smoking. I only smoke socially and this is socially.

"Boy, stop playing. That's my friend." I say glaring at Kamari. He swear he my daddy.

"There's a lot of that going around." Destiny shady ass says loud enough for only me to hear.

"You in her business, Kamari." Laila, Kamari's new girlfriend says.

I like her she's sweet. Too sweet for my brother. He's an asshole.

"She is my business." He says mugging the fuck outta Clavin.

"We really are just friends." Clavin says matching his gaze.

"Yeah, okay. Just know if you hurt my sister, you're dead." He says unblinking at Clavin.

The air is thick with tension. Then my phone rings. And Siri opp ass gon say incoming FaceTime call from booski💞.

"What the fuck is a booski? Like Boosie? You know Boosie?" Kamari asks scrunching his nose up.

I ignore him and walk to my room. I have my own room in his house.

"Hey, Aaliyah, my phone broke so I'm calling from Noah's! I was calling to ask if you would want to come with me and mom lunch?" She says cheerfully into the phone.

"Yes, when?"

"Tomorrow at 2. I'll text you the address when I get my new phone."

We talk a little more and she hangs up. I head back down the steps and everybody is looking at me.

"Y'all be all in my business." I say sitting back in my seat.

"Nah, fuck all that who was in the phone?" Kamari asks.

"A friend."

"A guy friend?"

"No."

"You don't got no other girl friends so I know you're lying."

"Man, she is. Damnit, ever since Jamal, you've been up my ass! I got it!" I yell.

"Okay." He says getting off the sofa and storming off.

"I'll handle it." Laila says chasing after him.

"It's awkward as fuck now. Imma holla at y'all later." Calvin says hugging me and waving at Destiny.

"Imma head out too. Damien texted." She kisses my cheek and leaves.

I'm not leaving so I head into my room and shower. I change into a nightgown and call Noah. I haven't spoken to him all day.

"Heyyy!" I say cheerfully into the phone.

"You didn't call all day and I missed you." He says immediately.

"I know I was hanging out with my brother and his girlfriend and my friends." I turn over in the bed and reach for the tv remote.

"Oh, well I've just been on the game and at work. My sister was in here bothering me." He says turning off his tv and rolling over in bed.

He likes to listen to my tv so it'll lull him to sleep.

"Speaking of Ashley, she called me from your phone and invited me to lunch with her and Sarah." I say clicking on Solar opposites .

"When?"

"Tomorrow at 2. She said she'll text me the address. I really do like the women in your family."

I look at the phone and he's sleeping. I watch him for a little. He sleeps so peaceful. He doesn't even snore, no matter how tired he is.

"Come in." I say to whoever knocked my door. I mute the FaceTime and turn to look at my brother.

"I'm sorry for how I've been acting." He whispers coming in and looking down.

"It's okay, I understand." I say looking over at him and sitting up.

"I want to make sure you're safe and no body's treating you like shit. I love you, kid." He says coming closer to me and sitting on the side of my bed.

"I know and I love you." We look at each other for a while and I reach over to give him a tight hug.

"I surprised you didn't call mom." He says laughing.

"I was thinking about it but I knew it was only a matter of time that you would pull your head out of your ass."

"Really it was Laila." He says looking hopeful.

"I like her. I like her for you."

"Me too."

"Keep her. Treat her better than you did Traci. If I find you do anything to her , we'll have to jump you. Don't block your blessings."

"Now you fucking priest. Get the fuck out of here." He says mushing my head.

"I'm sorry, tho, Kamari. Start treating these women right and not like pieces of garbage." I say looking at him pointedly.

"I hear you." He says holding eye contact.

"Good."

"You staying again tomorrow?" He asks before he leaves out my room.

"Why you don't want me here?" I ask jokingly.

"No, i just want to know."

"Yeah. Oh and I'm going out for lunch tomorrow can you send me some money?" I ask even though I have way more than enough money in my account.

"Yeah, I'll send it right now."

"Thank you, big bro."

"Goodnight, kid. I love you." He says and then leaves.

"You look fucking amazing!" Ashley says as soon as she sees me.

She gets up and hugs me. I'm wearing a skirt that stops just above the knee but it's cold so I have on thermal leggings and skin tone tights to go over it. I have a on a knitted white sweater and red and white dunks.

"Thank you." I say smiling at Ashley, she's wearing a pink sweater dress.

"Hello, again, Sarah." I say smiling at her.

"Hi, Aaliyah, I'm glad you could come." She says smiling back at me.

We order our food and then get to talking.

"So, you think my brother's cute?" Ashley asks.

"Yes, but I'm not looking for anything like that. And anybody who does get him will be the luckiest person alive." I say truthfully.

"Damn, I was hoping that you'd be my sister-in law."

"Ashley! I'm sorry she has no filter." Sarah says.

"No, it's fine. I try to tell Noah that he should be more open and honest so I appreciate the honesty."

Ashley smirks and then we switch the topic to her and Jeffrey, her boyfriend.